Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is driving my 2012 GLS today. I have the keys with the remote with me. Shes at a friends house and only has the key, no remote.

She just called me and said the car wont start and when she opened the door using the key the alarm is going off. She said she can't turn the key all the way forward to start the car :confused:

My plan is to go by her friends house on my way home from work and use the key with the remote. However WTF with this situation???

I just did a quick google search and found how to get the alarm to stop going off by leaving the key in the ignition for 30 seconds while its turned ON..

However has anyone else come across this problem?

TIA

·
Registered
622 Posts
My wife is driving my 2012 GLS today. I have the keys with the remote with me. Shes at a friends house and only has the key, no remote.

She just called me and said the car wont start and when she opened the door using the key the alarm is going off. She said she can't turn the key all the way forward to start the car :confused:

My plan is to go by her friends house on my way home from work and use the key with the remote. However WTF with this situation???

I just did a quick google search and found how to get the alarm to stop going off by leaving the key in the ignition for 30 seconds while its turned ON..

However has anyone else come across this problem?

TIA
Tell her to unlock the drivers door with the key 2 times in a row. That will disengage the alarm and allow the car to start.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yesterday i misplaced my main car key. 2001 Sonata GLS. But found it later after I had gone home for my spare. I dont have remote key for my car. The Spare could not open the door from driver side but opens the passenger door. Upon getting into the car. As I started the car with the Spare key , I realised that my Car Clock which has being off for a long time now surprisinly started working, though with the origional key it seldomly shows up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yesterday i misplaced my main car key. 2001 Sonata GLS. But found it later after I had gone home for my spare. I dont have remote key for my car. The Spare could not open the door from driver side but opens the passenger door. Upon getting into the car. As I started the car with the Spare key , I realised that my Car Clock which has being off for a long time now surprisinly started working, though with the origional key it seldomly shows up.
After i got the new key and used it to start, I again tried using the spare key to start the car, but it wont turn. Only the main key turns.
Anyone experience such or have an explanation to that?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts