Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I am wondering if any one knows of a source for Factory Shop Manual in PDF format for a 2017 Santa Fe SE AWD.
I have always bought Factory Shop Manuals in printed form when acquiring a new vehicle but PDF seems the
better and cheaper (sometime free) route?

Any leads are appreciated, and if I find one it will be available on my DropBox account. :grin2:

Thanks,

Reactions: dtrack2007

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Attachments

Reactions: CraigB_TX

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
765 Posts
I did the 1 week service access a few years ago when I got my 2017 SFS.
It's all web-based, you cannot easily print anything (I vaguely recall I ended up having to print each very individual section with Firefox to a PDF file).
So if you're looking for a complete, actual manual, I'd pass on that, unless there's something very specific you need to find and you know where to find it (there's not like a decent Table of Contents on it.)
Unless they've changed things in the last 2 years.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
At least for my non Hyundai Dealership.....Keep in mind that the Bulletins, diagnostics, and repair information that the Techs use may be updated as often as daily as they use web based information. A one time purchase does not mean that the information will be valid later. The larger the amount of time that passes since purchase or copy....The greater the chance that something has changed, and some of the changes could be significant impacting the accuracy of diagnostics and / or the safe and proper completion of a repair.

·
Registered
86 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

I did find a PDF manual, not sure if it is “factory” but seems very concise and is 1650 pages?
I found it using my phone and glad I downloaded it, to save my life, I cannot find it again.

I have attached some screen shots, if anyone knows if it is factory or its origin let me know.

If anyone wants a copy PM me, it is 50 mb, so too large to email, will be in my Drop Box -
On an "as needed basis" due to size and capacity constraints.

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did find a PDF manual, not sure if it is “factory” but seems very concise and is 1650 pages?
I found it using my phone and glad I downloaded it, to save my life, I cannot find it again.
Reviving an old post, thought of starting a new one "Too Much time On My Hands"
but moderators frown on that!

But since I DO have too much time on my hands.
I took that large file and added page numbers, broke it into 3 files (volumes).

And like the Grateful dead used to say about recording concerts
"when were done with it, you can have it".

I added space to my DropBox, so for now both versions are up and available.......
For how long, who knows, DropBox is going through changes!

1700 page original PDF..... 2013-2018 Manual
Folder with three volumes in PDF..... 2013-2018 Volume 1-3 Manual

Someone commented that the 2019 was different, so I changed the title to 2013-2018

I also (being old school) printed a set for my shop......
20190913_163931.jpg

Not a fan of greasing up, even the shop keyboard while working!

Enjoy, let me know if there are link problems, but it all just checked out.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also I forgot to add I added page numbers to the original document and updated the index so it's as they say "new and improved".

·
Registered
146 Posts
Reviving an old post, thought of starting a new one "Too Much time On My Hands"
but moderators frown on that!

But since I DO have too much time on my hands.
I took that large file and added page numbers, broke it into 3 files (volumes).

And like the Grateful dead used to say about recording concerts
"when were done with it, you can have it".

I added space to my DropBox, so for now both versions are up and available.......
For how long, who knows, DropBox is going through changes!

1700 page original PDF..... 2013-2018 Manual
Folder with three volumes in PDF..... 2013-2018 Volume 1-3 Manual

Someone commented that the 2019 was different, so I changed the title to 2013-2018

I also (being old school) printed a set for my shop......
View attachment 441389
Not a fan of greasing up, even the shop keyboard while working!

Enjoy, let me know if there are link problems, but it all just checked out.
Wow. Amazing work. Thank you so very much. This is invaluable to so many of us. Most excellent ??

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks for sharing the files.

BUT....

I think these manuals are for the Santa Fe Sport - No?

In Volume One the only engines referenced are the Theta 2.0 and 2.4. I can't find any mention of the Lambda 3.3 that is used in our vehicles. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

BUT....

In Volume One the only engines referenced are the Theta 2.0 and 2.4. I can't find any mention of the Lambda 3.3 that is used in our vehicles. Am I missing something?

I did not notice that :confused:,
I was originally searching for body info (front bumper/headlights) and this covered that just fine.
But it is only the 4 cylinder, I think the 2.0 was Santa Fe Sport only and the 2.4 was Santa Fe?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I did not notice that :confused:,
I was originally searching for body info (front bumper/headlights) and this covered that just fine.
But it is only the 4 cylinder, I think the 2.0 was Santa Fe Sport only and the 2.4 was Santa Fe?
Not sure, but I think the SF Sport could be had with either the 2.0T or the 2.4, and in some markets (Canada) that model was just called "Santa Fe". Somebody on here probably knows for sure.

As you said it is still useful for some things. Thanks again for the effort to share it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Somebody on here probably knows for sure.
In Canada, the smaller (two-row) Santa Fe is called the Santa Fe Sport. This version came with either an atmospheric 2.4L or a turbo 2.0L.

The larger (three-row) Santa Fe is called the Santa Fe XL. This version came with only the atmospheric 3.3L.

The Santa Fe XL is was simply called the Santa Fe without any suffices in the USA... until the 2019 model year, where it for some reason gained the XL suffix. Then the Palisade came along, and the XL became history.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

BUT....

Okay, ask and you shall receive, someone (cough cough, @Wheeldog) pointed out these did not cover the 3.3L GDI,
so I give you, wait for it..... Third Generation DM (2013–2018) Hyundai Santa Fe Service Manual V4 (addendum 3.3L GDI).
I found a file, (don't ask questions you don't want the answers to) while it does not play nice with Acrobat 7 Pro on Vista,
and at this point I can't convert it to Word but
I was able to at least get it out there with F'kd up pagination.

Capture.JPG

Will work on fixing it further, but here is the link for all four volumes as they are now ...........

Third Generation DM (2013–2018) Hyundai Santa Fe Service Manuals 4 Volumes

Let me know if anything else is missing :LOL:

GoodNight!!

Reactions: rbarry and renders

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey, billrigsby, you know that no good deed goes unpunished! If you're saying that I'm kind of a PITA then I agree. :p

Thanks for putting up the new stuff. I will check it out and keep my mouth shut if it turns out to be written in Korean.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts