Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used the search function and found one thread in the 3G section from 2007...

Search Result

Has anyone dealt with this recently? Will Hyundai be able to help with this?
I can try the lysol option... but well, I just don't want my car smelling like lysol for a week

Any help is appreciated!

-AF

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
This happens with every car I've ever driven with a/c. Hasn't happened with the Accent yet though. I'm assuming its some form of mold or mildew in the air ducting somewhere... but how to treat it without the stink of lysol? hmmmm

I guess since the other thread mentioned that GM came out with a module that continued to run the blower after the car was off to dry out the vent, you could just do that... when you arrive at your destination (if after using A/C), just let your car sit and run for a minute with the blower on (A/C off) to assist in drying it out.

·
Administrator
2021 Elantra Limited
3,856 Posts
It won't smell like lysol for too long.  Ozium is another spray I've used for this purpose which smells a little better.  

What I've been doing with switching off the A/C before my destination still works like a champ.  Make sure you're doing that for starters, it might help.  Also note that the defrost or defrost/floor positions still use the A/C compressor (unless you've disabled that function) so if you've used either one you still need to switch it to vent and crank it for a bit.

·
Administrator
2021 Elantra Limited
3,856 Posts
 If you've had the battery disconnected or it goes dead, you have to go back and redo the procedure.  Not sure if that's what happened but I figured I'd throw that your way since you've recently had battery problems.  :grin:

It *should* turn the A/C light on when you move the knob to defrost, push the A/C button and the A/C is cancelled. 

1 - 6 of 6 Posts