Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this by mistake in the Santa Fe LWB Thread instead of the Sport.

Has anyone noticed a little orange icon in the top of the radio screen. If you push it brings up SoundHound and says now listening. I have not figured it out yet, but appeared a month or two ago.

SEOUL, South Korea, Dec. 21, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Hyundai Motor Company took a major step towards equipping future connected vehicles with the voice recognition technology necessary to keep pace with growing, real-time data needs of drivers. Hyundai's "Intelligent Personal Agent," a voice-enabled virtual assistant system, will be deployed in new models set to roll out as early as 2019.

Co-developed by Hyundai and Silicon Valley-based SoundHound Inc., the leading innovator in voice-enabled AI and conversational intelligence technologies, Intelligent Personal Agent allows drivers to use voice commands for many different operations and real-time data, which connected cars of the future demand.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I've noticed it but it doesn't seem to do anything.

·
Registered
941 Posts
It's kind of like Shazam in the car.. it identifies songs that are playing.. don't know if it does anything else. Also not sure if you need to have one of bluelink features activated for it to work..

·
Registered
2021 Santa Fe Limited (Portofino Gray)
72 Posts
As posted above it is a Shazam alternative. If i click it while a song is playing it identifies the song, album, artist. I think you have to have a data connection via Bluelink in the car for it to work. It's not super helpful however. because it does not have the provision to log into a Soundhound account so you can see you matches on your smartphone or PC. Am I supposed to manually write the songs down while I'm sitting in my car to look them up later? Seems like they missed something here.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I bought my car in 2016 and had it. You don't need blue link, just wifi. I use my phone as a hot spot, it's kind of cool if you're listening to the radio, but most of the time I'm on Pandora anyway so don't really need it

·
Registered
122 Posts
Also that Intelligent personality agent seems redundant if Android Auto is using Google Assistant. I ask my sonata where the nearest dunkin donuts is and it tells me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts