Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 1000 miles on my new 2011 Tucson. Love the car, but I have noticed when I use my brakes and initially step on them, it sounds like a puff of air is released. The sound is like blowing through a straw. And it only lasts for a second or two, but happens when I initially apply the brakes. I did take it to the shop and they said nothing is wrong with it, but it still makes me uncomfortable.

Also, when I release the brake sometimes it is louder than I'm used to (the sound of the pedal). I'm sure that is nothing.

Also, if I have the radio off when I turn on the A/C/ I can hear the clicking up front of it. In my old Honda I never heard that.

Any of these sounds I wouldn't notice if I had the radio on, and the car seems to be running fine.

Anyone else notice any of these?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, check the fluid level in the master cylinder to make sure you aren't running low on brake atf.
Are the brakes soft at all? Do you hear it only when the brakes are cold and then after they heat up it goes away?
I'd suspect some air in the lines honestly.

As of the a/c - turn your radio back on :)
It's a small engine compartment and you are close to everything as the driver. You'll hear the mastercylinder, the a/c compressor...even the fuel pump click on.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Both my Hyundais have done this and I don't even notice it. The click you hear in regards to the A/C is the compressor clutch engaging or disengaging and that noise is something most cars make.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts