Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I know others have installed this aluminum accelerator pedal. This is not the bolt on type but the one which replaces OEM plastic pedal.
I took out the one screw holding the pedal to the floor. Then I know I need to remove the "socket" that holds the back of the pedal to the accelerator assembly.
It looks like there are two "clips" (I think) holding the socket , one on the underside (see pic 1) the other is on the front of the socket.
For the life of me I cannot get this socket off!
Tried poking and prodding these clips everyway but no success.....anyone help me out?
Sorry for the poor quality of the pics not much room to take them and not much light

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
You must take off the whole pedal mecanism to change your pedal. If I remenber correctly, there are 2 other bolts apart the one bolted directly on the floor.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You must take off the whole pedal mecanism to change your pedal. If I remenber correctly, there are 2 other bolts apart the one bolted directly on the floor.
Yes there are two bolts holding the pedal assembly at the back of the dash area. I was hoping to not have to remove these.....however it looks like to get good access to those little clips holding the ball socket of the pedal I will have to!
thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts