Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use the usb port with my ipod using the cable that apple gave me to import my songs from my computer to my ipod. And the songs are in a order that I have never used and would like to know how I can access my playlists from the car with my ipod plugged in to the usb slot. I drive a 2011 sonata

·
Banned
630 Posts
in order to fully use the ipod functionality properly, you need the Hyundai/Kia ipod cable that costs 35 from the dealer (ebay is cheaper)

The white ipod cable doesn't have the aux interface built in to work properly

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ Jun 4 2010, 11:16 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329585
in order to fully use the ipod functionality properly, you need the Hyundai/Kia ipod cable that costs 35 from the dealer (ebay is cheaper)

The white ipod cable doesn't have the aux interface built in to work properly
Is the cable that your talking about specifically for the Hyundai sonata 2011? Or can I buy any cable for usb/aux?

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (newhyundaidriver @ Jun 4 2010, 11:33 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329591
Is the cable that your talking about specifically for the Hyundai sonata 2011? Or can I buy any cable for usb/aux?
not specific to the 2011 sonata, specific for any hyundai/kia with the aux/usb input next to each other.

this is it below: notice the two connections:

·
Registered
548 Posts
I'm kind of wondering this same thing. I currently put music from my computer to the USB key and run it through the USB in the car. However, The music is on the flash drive in this fashion:

F:/Artist/Album/Song.mp3

The problem is that when reading the flash drive, it won't list the artist, but it lists the album names instead. The good thing is that it puts all of the albums in alphabetical order BY ARTIST, so I can browse the albums as long as I know who the artist is. Is there some way to have it show the artist, select it, and then show the album, and then let me select a song? I have a GLS. Is this alleviated by just using an ipod and ipod cable instead?

·
Registered
675 Posts
QUOTE (Proprioceptive @ Jun 4 2010, 11:59 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329614
I'm kind of wondering this same thing. I currently put music from my computer to the USB key and run it through the USB in the car. However, The music is on the flash drive in this fashion:

The problem is that when reading the flash drive, it won't list the artist, but it lists the album names instead. The good thing is that it puts all of the albums in alphabetical order BY ARTIST, so I can browse the albums as long as I know who the artist is. Is there some way to have it show the artist, select it, and then show the album, and then let me select a song? I have a GLS. Is this alleviated by just using an ipod and ipod cable instead?

I bought the iPod cable from Hyundai when I bought the car. It will definitely alleviate the problems you are writing about. It is so worth it, you can see the artist, song title, album title and be able to scroll through your playlists right from the screen ( I have the nav screen, so for people w/o I'm not sure how it would show ). I hope this helps. :)

·
Registered
932 Posts
QUOTE (Proprioceptive @ Jun 4 2010, 10:59 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329614

Are you sure? I have my drive set up the way you do artist/album/song. Mine is read exactly that way with the album names listed under the artist names.

·
Registered
548 Posts
QUOTE (midas69 @ Jun 4 2010, 11:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329660
Are you sure? I have my drive set up the way you do artist/album/song. Mine is read exactly that way with the album names listed under the artist names.
Really? You drive a GLS? When I plug my thumbdrive in, I get the album name showing up in the 'folder' spot and the name of the song showing up below it. When I press the cat/folder button up or down, it just scrolls through the album names. I can, however, see the artist name if I press the 'info' button enough times that it shows up, but can't scroll through using artist. Are you doing something different? Am I missing something?

EDIT: I just noticed that you drive a limited... is your stereo setup the same as the GLS?

·
Registered
932 Posts
QUOTE (Proprioceptive @ Jun 4 2010, 04:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329755
Really? You drive a GLS? When I plug my thumbdrive in, I get the album name showing up in the 'folder' spot and the name of the song showing up below it. When I press the cat/folder button up or down, it just scrolls through the album names. I can, however, see the artist name if I press the 'info' button enough times that it shows up, but can't scroll through using artist. Are you doing something different? Am I missing something?

EDIT: I just noticed that you drive a limited... is your stereo setup the same as the GLS?
I have the NAV on mine so obviously the display is much different. But I was talking about actually browsing the drive for songs. When I'm playing a song and hit LIST I see all the songs on the album that's playing. There is a left arrow on the screen and when you press that it shows all the albums for that artist. When I hit the arrow again it shows all the artists. My system doesn't have a cat/folder button, but it sounds like that should back you up through the levels of the directory structure. The info button appears to get it's information from the MP3 tags on the songs rather than the directory/file structure of the drive.

·
Registered
548 Posts
QUOTE (midas69 @ Jun 5 2010, 04:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329909
I have the NAV on mine so obviously the display is much different. But I was talking about actually browsing the drive for songs. When I'm playing a song and hit LIST I see all the songs on the album that's playing. There is a left arrow on the screen and when you press that it shows all the albums for that artist. When I hit the arrow again it shows all the artists. My system doesn't have a cat/folder button, but it sounds like that should back you up through the levels of the directory structure. The info button appears to get it's information from the MP3 tags on the songs rather than the directory/file structure of the drive.
Yeah... I'm just a little disappointed with my setup. I wish I had the navi system. Oh well... I might have to invest in an ipod cable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts