Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is my issue.

When I'm driving and get above 50-60 I will get the Check Engine Light. Check the codes It shows 6 ---300, 303, 306, 300, 303, 306.

When I slow the car down it is running rough, almost like it has a miss.

I reset the computer while this is going on and the engine smooths out and it runs correctly until I keep my pedal down and then it kicks the exact same errors.

Here's strange part number one: Once I get down to about a gallon or two of gas in the car everything seems to run fine. I have plenty of power, no codes and the car runs fantastic!

Strange part number 2: Very occasionally When I get in the car in the morning to go to work, the car is a bit difficult to start. When it finally kicks over, it is immediately running rough. resetting the computer with the engine running does not seem to stop the rough running. If I turn off the engine and let the car set for a bit it will start and run fine, with the exception of the first problem mentioned in this thread. There is no code while it is running rough, but when the Light kicks on as per the first issue mentioned, I have an additional code -- 335.

Any insights would be appreciated. This car has been excellent up until the last few months when this issue developed. I don't wanna sink a lot of money into it so If this turns out to be a major malfunction of some sort I'll be moving on from it.

If some one knows a reputable mechanic north of the perimeter in Atlanta I would appreciate a recommendation in that area as well.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
TSB for misfires.. follow it. You'll need to be able to view FREEZE FRAME data, of which you tossed when you cleared DTC away per your text..

Clearing DTC's will do nothing until you properly diag/repair the root problem circuits as seen by PCM when it set fault code.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Fuel pump?
Fuel pump can set misfire DTC .. fuel pump low pressure, I would expect to see a "lean" Bank 1 and Bank 2 codes with the misfire, but not selective misfire alone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts