Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, :beathorse:

I checked and didn't see a quick guide to reference the different bulbs + numbers associated with them for replacement or to use as a cross reference for those that want to do a LED swap over. Maybe this can be setup and approved by the Mods for a "sticky"! Please feel free to respond if something is missing or incorrect and I will add it or modify!

I believe all of these are correct #’s according to my research and checking with Sylvania.

Sonata (YF) Car Light Bulb Size Diagram​

Low Beam Headlight Bulb Size: H7
High Beam Headlight Bulb Size: H7
Models with Factory Fogs Bulb Size: H8
Parking Light Bulb Size: 2357A
Front Turn Signal Light Bulb Size: 2357A
Rear Turn Signal Light Bulb Size: 1156(A)
Tail Light Bulb Size: 2357
Stop Light Bulb Size: 2357
High Mount/3rd Stop Light Bulb Size: -Unsure
License Plate Light Bulb Size: 168, or W5W, or 194 x2 Any of those should work according to Sylvania
Back Up/Reverse Bulb Size: 921

Interior Bulbs

Map Light Bulb Size: DE3175
Dome Light Bulb Size: DE3022
Trunk/Cargo Area Light Bulb Size: 6418
Front Vanity: 31mm festoon
Inside Trunk: 31mm festoon
Glove Box: 36mm festoon
Rear Dome (Models with Sunroof): 194 (T10) x 2

:beathorse:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Not sure of the "Sticky" policy anymore. There use to be a Sticky (partially) Titled FAQ with such Lists and How-To's in it but all of a sudden it Disappeared. Have never read why.

Very Good effort and post - but a hired post "Bump"-er may be required to keep it visible.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks Guys. I plan on changing all of mine over to LED's when it gets warmer out and figured others might need a list too.
Lol.. i just got my car and was thinking the same thing.. gotta let it get a little warmer before i wanna go out and change most of them

its been like -5 to 15 degrees the last week and half in this so called "polar vortex"..

i looked at most of the lights in the car, and seems like the only ones i want to change are the, glove compartment, license plate, and trunk

the rest of the map/dome lights are factory LEDs.. but they dont seem to be as bright as ones i purchased aftermarket

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know what you mean. It's been crazy with that Polar Vortex... I'm glad it's over! I had to be the guy who rescued people I knew that were stranded with dead batteries and took them somewhere close by and warm. It sucked! We hit negative (-48) due to windchill.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Anyone have a Limited model? There seems to be a light on both the driver + passenger side door on the bottom edge. Its covered by a red clear case. I dont even see the bulb listed on the manual. Any idea what the size to that is? Maybe 168/T10? At this point, seems like quite a few bulbs are 168/T10

considering getting a 10 pack,

10pcs LED for T10 White Xenon Light Bulbs 5SMD 5050 192 168 194 W5W 2825 158 | eBay

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not sure yori-
I have the same on mine. Ill take a look later on my lunch break if i can. Im guessing its some type of Wedge maybe a 194/168/T10

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
not sure yori-
I have the same on mine. Ill take a look later on my lunch break if i can. Im guessing its some type of Wedge maybe a 194/168/T10
verified yori-
its a 168 wedge bulb type. the 194 should work fine. I have 6x-194's coming in :) rear domes, doors (courtesy lights) and license plate :D. I got matching MAP DE3175 LED's from the same seller so everything will look the same. not bad for 4$ IMO

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Any issues with error lights that you guys have found?
stax -

i tested fitted some led's i had laying around that didnt match anything in some of the spots and no issues/errors.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a limited and changed the red to clear on the bottom of the door...

LED License plate lights...

LOOKS GREAT!!! where did you get the Clear Door lights/LED combo?
The rear bumper reflector looks good too. got a write up for that one gpradzin1?

·
Registered
53 Posts
i'd be interested in the clean lens too myself.. i think i saw it available on koreanautoimports but its like 55$ shipped? For 2 plastic lens piece thats may be too much.

Also, i noticed my trunk light is NOT 6418. I even manually measured it, turns out 31mm is MAX it can fit. 6418 = 36mm.

My glove box some how magically turned into a T10 Wedge/168 based socket as well. I have a 2014 Limited model.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Also, i noticed my trunk light is NOT 6418. I even manually measured it, turns out 31mm is MAX it can fit. 6418 = 36mm.

My glove box some how magically turned into a T10 Wedge/168 based socket as well. I have a 2014 Limited model.
My 2011 GLS is also much smaller than a 6418. The 31mm fit but bulb pins did not sit properly in holes so I got a 29mm which worked better.
The Sylvania automotive bulb guide, shows the 168 for my glovebox but it has a 36mm festoon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts