Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
it is the summer and very hot, when my car (Sonata YF) Cooler is active and working, until the car is in motion, the temp of the cooler is good and work properly but most times when the car engine is idle or engine turn is under 1500rpm the cooler temp been hot (the compressor is out) and since the car starts motion (or the engine turn gos up to 1500rpm) the air temp again been cold. also if the car stops and in the N gear position the engine turns gos to up the 1500rpm by pressing the pedal, cooler will be cold.

please help me what is the problem.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Have your A/C checked by a professional. Your pressures need to be checked with gauges. You may be a little low on freon or the A/C may have been improperly serviced at one time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have your A/C checked by a professional. Your pressures need to be checked with gauges. You may be a little low on freon or the A/C may have been improperly serviced at one time.
Thanks a lot for your reply, I first go to a hyundai servicer for this problem and they check it and say me that the problem dose not clear for them, anyway they say me that charg the compressor gas for 1/4 more and they things the problem will solve with this way but don't solve :(
now the say if the problem nit solve still, i most to chenge the compressor but I thing this way is wrong, because in most times the compressor works good and only in idle ebgine has problem.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Is the fan running when the A/C is on?

·
Registered
749 Posts
check for obstructions on/behind the front bumper. you could have poor airflow , and it would definitely be more noticeable at idle. just something to check.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
If you had to charge it at all, that means your system is leaking. I would recommend if you can get to trusted auto shop, have them do a leak test on your system (probably will inject dye and have you drive it for while then come back for them to look at). Continuously adding freon is a waste of money and you are only delaying a compressor failure since the lubricating oil is suspended in the freon.

My car is the same year as the OP's and my air is icy cold. Especially on recirc.

BTW I had this experience on a previous car. Had the slow leak and eventual compressor failure. Very expensive repair and I put the parts on myself!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you had to charge it at all, that means your system is leaking. I would recommend if you can get to trusted auto shop, have them do a leak test on your system (probably will inject dye and have you drive it for while then come back for them to look at). Continuously adding freon is a waste of money and you are only delaying a compressor failure since the lubricating oil is suspended in the freon.

My car is the same year as the OP's and my air is icy cold. Especially on recirc.

BTW I had this experience on a previous car. Had the slow leak and eventual compressor failure. Very expensive repair and I put the parts on myself!
i thing my car don't need to charg and don't any leacking and this charg was bootless because the cooling system in most times is very cold and only in idle times...
if are there any sensor or switch for control compressor in idle engine mode that sends data for compressor working????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts