Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EPA MPG #s for 2011 Sonata 2.0 T model will be 22 city, 33 highway 26 combined.
Be at Dealers week of Oct 11th

·
Registered
603 Posts
QUOTE (dingus1 @ Sep 28 2010, 12:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=359386
EPA MPG #s for 2011 Sonata 2.0 T model will be 22 city, 33 highway 26 combined.
Be at Dealers week of Oct 11th
Exciting news!

I am going to make a prediction regarding the fuel economy though. I bet a lot of people will struggle to keep their foot out of the gas on that glorious tirbo engine and will be constantly getting closer to 22 than 26! :)

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
QUOTE (Mike Eckman @ Sep 28 2010, 02:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=359391
Exciting news!

I am going to make a prediction regarding the fuel economy though. I bet a lot of people will struggle to keep their foot out of the gas on that glorious tirbo engine and will be constantly getting closer to 22 than 26! :)
Anyone that owns a turbo will say that! I predict it will be lower than that and people will complain that its a design defect. :bwekk: :whistling:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Bearcats @ Sep 28 2010, 01:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=359394
Anyone that owns a turbo will say that! I predict it will be lower than that and people will complain that its a design defect. :bwekk: :whistling:
You are probably right ! !
Interesting that you say thru 5 fill up you are at 24 mpg in your Sonata 2..4. I have 4700 miles on mine, do mostly rural driving, and consistantly get 30-31 mpg. Very little city driving probably gives me the extra.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I want to drive on but not own one. I am almost at 11K in 4 months so warranty for me is gone in 2 years. I would have a hard time not punching it at each light.

·
Registered
439 Posts
QUOTE (dingus1 @ Sep 28 2010, 06:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=359454
We are in preproduction stage for the Elantra, so the Panoramic roof to be delayed until spring next year 2012 model.

wait till the public sees the elantra, smaller version of Sonata (but with 1.8 L MPI engine) :evil:
Do you know if the fully loaded turbo model will have HID's, turn signals on the mirrors, se rims, dual exhaust, pano roof, and a better navi all on the same model?

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Any word on pricing? My guess is in the $26k range with SE-level trim package (If i am remembering correctly that SEs are in the $22k area).

·
Registered
589 Posts
I read the 2.0L turbo engine on the Sonata is the same the Genesis coupe came out with, and it had horrible reviews. But I'm sure it should be improved by now. The good news is neither Toyota or Honda make a 2.0T, so it won't be compared against them :grin:. Our 2.4 GDI is not bad, but Honda still makes the best 4-bangers IMO. At least Hyundai was more innovative, coming out with GDI first, but to be honest, I wasn't looking for that technology this early on. Hope I don't regret buying this GDI; so far so good, but turbo ones have been much more problematic (just ask BMW and VW).

·
Registered
623 Posts
No Panoramic Roof means I am probably keeping my car.

Guess that would be the smarter move anyway. Thanks Hyundai!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (elp_jc @ Sep 28 2010, 11:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=359520
I read the 2.0L turbo engine on the Sonata is the same the Genesis coupe came out with, and it had horrible reviews. But I'm sure it should be improved by now. The good news is neither Toyota or Honda make a 2.0T, so it won't be compared against them :grin:. Our 2.4 GDI is not bad, but Honda still makes the best 4-bangers IMO. At least Hyundai was more innovative, coming out with GDI first, but to be honest, I wasn't looking for that technology this early on. Hope I don't regret buying this GDI; so far so good, but turbo ones have been much more problematic (just ask BMW and VW).
Genesis coupe is different engine :2.0 byt 210 HP, not sure if Korean of China built.
Sonata 2.0 T has 267-270 HP completely different animal plus it is made and controlled in Alabama plant.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
QUOTE (dingus1 @ Sep 28 2010, 03:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=359410
You are probably right ! !
Interesting that you say thru 5 fill up you are at 24 mpg in your Sonata 2..4. I have 4700 miles on mine, do mostly rural driving, and consistantly get 30-31 mpg. Very little city driving probably gives me the extra.
My daily commute is just about 2 miles to and from work and it TANKS the MPG. Never gets to warm up so its in closed loop and I never exceed 40 MPH. When I get her on the highway it soars in the the mid to high 30's. So I know my mileage is a byproduct of my horrible commute.

However I have a 2.0 Twin Scroll in my MR2 and can get about the same gas mileage if I can keep my foot out of it which is VERY difficult. Boost is addicting! :D

·
Registered
277 Posts
I just watched a webcast featuring the V.P. of sales for Sonata at the NY Auto Show in March.
In describing the new turbo, he states it will feature new colors, different headlights, tail lights, and dash (about 20 minutes into the webcast).
http://www.insideline.com/hyundai/sonata/2...ow-webcast.html

Is there any info as to what (if any) new colors will be available?

My dealer told me yesterday that he expects the turbo's to start arriving in Nov. They will be holding one for me.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Believe it is the Hybrid that is getting different colors, headlights, taillights, grille, bumpers, etc.

The Turbo is just like the current Sonata.

·
Registered
277 Posts
QUOTE (Ayces @ Oct 9 2010, 05:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=362270
Believe it is the Hybrid that is getting different colors, headlights, taillights, grille, bumpers, etc.

The Turbo is just like the current Sonata.
Not according to the VP.
Either way, I hope you're wrong because I'd like to be able to get a unique color on my turbo.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts