Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you know when the Sonata Turbo will go on sale? I've asked 3 different Hyundai d-ships and gotten 3 different answers!!! The Hyundai website doesn't give a date.

TIA

Ray

·
Registered
603 Posts
It hasnt been officially announced, which is why you keep getting different answers.

Anything you hear from either a dealer or on here will be just a guess until an official date is announced but the general consensus is sometime around the end of the year.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I work with a Hyundai dealer and he knows I'll be ordering one the moment he gets the details. Trust me, the dealers have no info yet. In fact, Hyundai has told more to the press, then they have to the dealerships. Most everything he has heard is form official press releases.

However, a good friend/auto reviewer he knows got to test drive the turbo in Korea a couple months back and gave it glowing reviews (off the record). He can't release his full review until the car is released.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Also, keep in mind that the huge demand for the regular Sonata is causing production shortages and Hyundai is having a hard enough time as it is keeping up so this could further delay the Turbo and Hybrid models.

I have a feeling Hyuindai wont make any announcements until they feel like they have the capacity to make enough of the new models.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The tentative US intro date I heard was November. But like others have said, only time will tell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts