Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an email from my dealership via Hyundai corporate listing late September as the tentative delivery date for Sonata Turbos. There was other cool news and details, but I can't mention that as it was off the record.

Only decision now is silver or white.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Very cool news.

I have a feeling that there will be a long wait to get these cars, however.

If you are interested in getting one, I strongly urge you all to put your down payments in ASAP!!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Is there still any news on the price? I vaguely remember mentioned somewhere that it will be $2K more than SE. I guess with so much demand, there will be no room for negotiation :).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (11sonatase @ Sep 3 2010, 10:29 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354021
Is there still any news on the price? I vaguely remember mentioned somewhere that it will be $2K more than SE. I guess with so much demand, there will be no room for negotiation :).
No word on price yet, which has surprised my dealer. Typically they get pricing info before shipping info. There are rumors it will be very much in line with the current Limited pricing.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Wow, I am going to very jealous when I see one driving down the road. Kinda wish I held out for this but I am still a happy camper. :57:

·
Registered
117 Posts
great news. Did I miss something? Are the silver and white first on the production line? If you are pulling my chain I will be sad. :crying:

·
Registered
670 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
QUOTE (glenn716 @ Sep 3 2010, 01:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354057
I think the OP was just stating the two colors that he prefers. I'm sure all the colors will be available when they start to hit the dealerships.
Cool. The dealer I talked to was telling me some colors are hard to get as the factory will produce large batches of one color at a time. So one month may be silver, the next white. So large orders for cars for fleet service, usually silver and white may be produced before colors like the popular venetian red. I'm not sure how Hyundai plans to produce the 2.0T.

·
Registered
623 Posts
QUOTE (Mike Eckman @ Sep 3 2010, 08:23 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354018
Very cool news.

I have a feeling that there will be a long wait to get these cars, however.

If you are interested in getting one, I strongly urge you all to put your down payments in ASAP!!!!
Yeah, this time I am going to wait a bit until there is inventory. When I got mine it was one of 3 on the lot.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just to confirm, I have no insight on color. As someone guessed, those are just my favorites. Especially with the black pano roof. It's funny that people love the red so much. It reminds me of my dad's old Buicks. Not that it's a bad color, just makes the car seem more mature. Of course, I normally hate white and silver, but those colors just seem to suit the Sonata best IMO.

·
Registered
854 Posts
QUOTE (Ayces @ Sep 3 2010, 01:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354065
Yeah, this time I am going to wait a bit until there is inventory. When I got mine it was one of 3 on the lot.
Funny same situation as me, and it ended up being black lol. Wanted a white but got black, still no regrets!

Looking forward to seeing these!

·
Registered
24 Posts
QUOTE (hrustar @ Sep 3 2010, 09:53 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354011
Just got an email from my dealership via Hyundai corporate listing late September as the tentative delivery date for Sonata Turbos. There was other cool news and details, but I can't mention that as it was off the record.

Only decision now is silver or white.
What the **** do you mean off the record? You work for hyundai? LEAK IT!! or just fwd it to me and ill post it :D

·
Registered
817 Posts
From what I've read about it, I would not have purchased the Turbo anyway.

Oh, edit to add - not that I see anything wrong with it, I'm just fine with the Limited at the price point.

However, I'm glad to hear it is about to released because I know there are a lot of folks who will want one.

·
Registered
106 Posts
QUOTE (OMEGA_WEAPON @ Sep 3 2010, 11:04 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354013
*shakes fists in anger for not waiting for the turbo*

I love the enthusiasm on this board for the Sonata. My personal opinion is that anything over $19K for a Sonata is a waste of funds. This is an econobox commuter car with great gas mileage. I can't see what adding 76 hp will do for this car. It's not a sports car AND there are a lot of 4-door cars with 300+ hp. I bought the car for what is was intended to do, and it does it well. Once again, you can put lipstick on a pig................. :whistling:
But, to each, his own.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
QUOTE (RXDOC @ Sep 3 2010, 04:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354113
I love the enthusiasm on this board for the Sonata. My personal opinion is that anything over $19K for a Sonata is a waste of funds. This is an econobox commuter car with great gas mileage. I can't see what adding 76 hp will do for this car. It's not a sports car AND there are a lot of 4-door cars with 300+ hp. I bought the car for what is was intended to do, and it does it well. Once again, you can put lipstick on a pig................. :whistling:
But, to each, his own.

And in my opinion, anyone who buys the base model is getting a very dull car. The turbo (for me) is not just the increased hp. It's the pano roof, larger wheels, nav system, leather interior, paddle shifters and more. You can't find all of that without spending well more than the Hyundai price tag. ISure, for pure driving, I was going to buy a BMW, but for the complete package, the SOnata Turbo is a great deal.

·
Registered
117 Posts
QUOTE (hrustar @ Sep 3 2010, 06:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354137
And in my opinion, anyone who buys the base model is getting a very dull car. The turbo (for me) is not just the increased hp. It's the pano roof, larger wheels, nav system, leather interior, paddle shifters and more. You can't find all of that without spending well more than the Hyundai price tag. ISure, for pure driving, I was going to buy a BMW, but for the complete package, the SOnata Turbo is a great deal.
Touché . I agree with hrustar. Anyone buying a new car is already wasting money just by the immediate depreciation from driving off the lot. Why would I want to spend 19K on a base trim car if I plan to buy new? I might as well spend 19K on a used BMW, Acura or something I could not afford to buy new. I want a new car I can afford that has some of the features I'm willing to pay a bit extra. I also plan to keep the car until the wheels fall off so I want a car I will enjoy to drive for many years.

I think this is called Turbo envy aka Turboingerness! Boingyoingyoing! :banana:

·
Registered
589 Posts
I don't like turbo (or S/C) cars, and won't buy any unless I have to (probably not too far off at this pace), but am curious if Hyundai beefed up the transmission. With solenoids and transmissions being replaced, it doesn't seem like it's well sorted yet. Seems to be the same tranny, but maybe it was beefed up. Inquiring minds want to know.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts