Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you Sonata owners heard this one?
We have a 2001 Sonata with 60000Km on it, 4 cyl auto.
When you pull up to a red light, you can feel some vibration in the car. When you put the transmission in neutral, the engine runs smoothly, but in drive the vibration is there.
Otherwise the car runs fine.
Anyone had this problem?
Eeyore
Toronto

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by Eeyore@Aug 16 2004, 06:45 PM
When you pull up to a red light, you can feel some vibration in the car. When you put the transmission in neutral, the engine runs smoothly, but in drive the vibration is there.
Anyone had this problem?
Eeyore
Toronto
[snapback]790[/snapback]​

hey i have the same problem like when i pull up to an atm but the car is running fine so i'm not worried about it. cya

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by Eeyore@Aug 16 2004, 05:45 PM
Anyone had this problem?
Eeyore
Toronto
[snapback]790[/snapback]​

I think your car is in normal condition.
When a car with an automatic tranny put to 'drive', its engine and tranny are half connected each other. Therefore there is some vibration. As the car gets older, the vibration gets gradually stronger. But there is no serious safety problems from it. Those who are sensitive may feel uncomfortable about the vibration. But don.t worry No other car is completely free from that vibration.
Hyundai cars produced in 1990s generally have weak tranny. But after 2000 They have been manufacturing longer lasting tranny. And they are doing better and better. Hope for a better car. That's hyundai's strong point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts