Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Forum,

First time posting but here’s my issue that I’m hoping you all could help with.

I own a 2013 Sonata 2.0T, have never had any issues. I had my right tail light out so I went to replace it. I replaced both left and right side bulbs. I noticed after I changed, the running right side tail light was still not on, but the brake lights and the side marker indeed still works.

Left side tail/brake lights are completely fine and working, 3rd lamp is working as well.

When replacing the bulb I fiddled around with the red wire and noticed I could get the bulb to illuminate in certain ways, not sure if it was that wire that had an issue or if I was hitting something else.

Additionally, and I’m not sure if this could somehow be related. But my stereo display went out. All the lights on the dash and stereo are working fine, all buttons on the radio illuminate, but the stereo display itself will not turn on. No audio during my drives is driving me up a wall. I’ve checked all the fuses and no issues with those. Any thoughts?

Some pics below:

Thanks!
Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think you need a computer update or new fuses. the radio uses some computer that has to be updated. this happened to me

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've had the same problem with the tail light but I think mine is just burnt out. I'd check your Room LP Fuses and your radio fuses. The room LP fuse controls a bunch of the different features a good sign if it's bad would be if your tire light is flashing at you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts