Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had the recall done at my local dealer and I was wondering if when they install a new front sub frame on a 2001 Sonata automatic tranny, do they have to remove the front drive axles? because now I get a rattling sound when I turn my steering wheel hard right or left

·
Registered
749 Posts
Nope.

Ball joints are disconnected, steering gear is disconnected from the subframe, control arms and sway bar bushings are disconnected.

motor mounts also disconnected.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I had the recall done at my local dealer and I was wondering if when they install a new front sub frame on a 2001 Sonata automatic tranny, do they have to remove the front drive axles? because now I get a rattling sound when I turn my steering wheel hard right or left
That recall like 5yr old I think.. we not seen one of them in a long time now.. what took so long to get yours done if I can ask ?

We disconnect steering shaft from rack, both rack end, both steering oil line, both roll stop mount, and drop frame out as frame and arms assembly,, swap rack and arms to new frame, hoof it back in place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts