Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first of all sonata developed a complete new engine which is called 'theta' with mitsubishi and crysler. 2.0vvt is 144 ps and 6000rpm and 2.4vvt with 166 ps and 5800rpm and 23talk. the design is just beautiful and hyundai tries to show family look which has started with elantra. i'm korean sooo ask me any questions. i'll be glad to answer back. plus ... if you want to see nfsonata in detail type www.hyundai-motor.com and click 'korea' and there will be nfsonata pictures everywhere so just click one of them and will go so showroom showroom will look like this '쇼룸' but u have to download multilingual language of korean before you go in lol...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hyundai developed its new theta engine by itself, not together with mitsubishi and daimler. Hyundai is planning to sell license of the engine to those two companies.
And those two companies will produce theta engine under the licence and put them onto a new model they will produce.
Next year, Hyundai is planning to develop new 6 cylinder engines called 'lambda', (3.3, 3.8) and put 3.3 lambda and 2.4 theta onto new sonatas(nf). The 'lambda' engines and new sonata model will be manufactured in the Hyundai factory in Alabama U.S.
They reckon lambda 3.3 engine will have a horsepower of about 229.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts