Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, getting an oil change and tire rotation this morning the gas station techs pointed out a couple of things: leaking grease from the front right CV boot and one tire that seemed to have worn a little differently than the other three. (more wear outside than across the face of the tire.

Took the car to my local Hyundai dealership (Brown's Leesburg Hyundai, if I'm allowed to post!) and they did a great job of working on a few things.

- Found out the leaking grease was from a bad axle assembly, so they replaced that under warranty!

- Found the car was out of alignment on the three wheels where there WASN'T any unusual wear (go figure) and had a 4-wheel alignment done. A little bummed but admittedly I haven't had one done since I got the car (52K miles in now). Was less than the dinner I'm taking my wife to in a couple of days, so I figure it was worth it!

The dealership also fixed up some steering wheel trim under warranty and is going to do the fuel clip replacement (had to special order the part). All in all, from diagnosis to back on the road 3 hours later, I think they did a great job! I know not everyone has a great service experience but I think every now and again it's nice to post when you do have a good experience. Thanks for the kind indulgence!

·
Registered
802 Posts
:thumbsup:

Glad to hear of a good service result! Helps to be reminded sometimes that there are good dealerships out there still. :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
So, getting an oil change and tire rotation this morning the gas station techs pointed out a couple of things: leaking grease from the front right CV boot and one tire that seemed to have worn a little differently than the other three. (more wear outside than across the face of the tire.

Took the car to my local Hyundai dealership (Brown's Leesburg Hyundai, if I'm allowed to post!) and they did a great job of working on a few things.

- Found out the leaking grease was from a bad axle assembly, so they replaced that under warranty!

- Found the car was out of alignment on the three wheels where there WASN'T any unusual wear (go figure) and had a 4-wheel alignment done. A little bummed but admittedly I haven't had one done since I got the car (52K miles in now). Was less than the dinner I'm taking my wife to in a couple of days, so I figure it was worth it!

The dealership also fixed up some steering wheel trim under warranty and is going to do the fuel clip replacement (had to special order the part). All in all, from diagnosis to back on the road 3 hours later, I think they did a great job! I know not everyone has a great service experience but I think every now and again it's nice to post when you do have a good experience. Thanks for the kind indulgence!
Hmmm did you buy your car there ... reason I ask is that dealership is close enough to me that if I ever needed warranty work going there would be an option, but I didn't purchase my vehicle there. I did buy my Sonata from a Brown's dealership, just not the one in Leesburg so I think I might be O.K.

Thanks,

Larry

·
Registered
699 Posts
herr howard, read you posting about service and its good to hear of your positive experience. I do have a question regarding your post. What is the fuel clip replacement?

Bob

·
Registered
88 Posts
herr howard, read you posting about service and its good to hear of your positive experience. I do have a question regarding your post. What is the fuel clip replacement?

Bob
See TSB 10-BD-007. If your fuel clip is bad, you'll hear a loud rattling noise at around 2k RPM. Mine's getting replaced next week, as well as the peeling steering wheel bezels, under warranty. Here's the fuel clip TSB:

http://www.myhyundaiforums.com/10-BD-007.pdf

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, I've been out of town and away from the forum for a few days. To answer LarryM, yes, I did buy my Sonata from them. Even ran into the sales guy who I bought the car from who remembered my name (3 years later). The service advisors always go through the list of other 'recommended' services but they never give me the hard sell.

To answer Bobb4484, there was a change in design of the fuel clip as listed in the PDF. Somewhere between 1500 and 2000 RPM on the tach, you'll hear something that sounds like a buzz that's a little more persistent than the normal acceleration buzz. The new fuel clip design is supposed to eliminate that problem.

Also for tonglebeak, when they replace your steering wheel bezels make sure they actually snap into place. The lower left one I had replaced slips and slides a little bit, so when I go back for the fuel clip I'm going to have them re-work that, too.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sorry, I've been out of town and away from the forum for a few days. To answer LarryM, yes, I did buy my Sonata from them. Even ran into the sales guy who I bought the car from who remembered my name (3 years later). The service advisors always go through the list of other 'recommended' services but they never give me the hard sell.

To answer Bobb4484, there was a change in design of the fuel clip as listed in the PDF. Somewhere between 1500 and 2000 RPM on the tach, you'll hear something that sounds like a buzz that's a little more persistent than the normal acceleration buzz. The new fuel clip design is supposed to eliminate that problem.

Also for tonglebeak, when they replace your steering wheel bezels make sure they actually snap into place. The lower left one I had replaced slips and slides a little bit, so when I go back for the fuel clip I'm going to have them re-work that, too.
Urgh, same exact thing with my left bezel. Moves and will not fully seat. Wonder if it's a part issue or if the steering wheel itself is damaged when they took the old part off.

What become of yours? I'll have to call and complain tomorrow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts