Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, should be getting my SE this week.... I'm still undecided on color. The dealer has a red SE, but should be able to find me a white SE. So what do you guys think???? Need some opinions to help me decide. Thanks in advance! :liebe011:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just purchased a red ltd with Nav yesterday. Funny thing was that it was not a colour I considered until I saw it at the dealer and the Mrs convinced me it was the one to go for. I have been reading all the coments on this board for a while and found the input invaluable in making my decision to buy the sonata. Absolutely love the car and the added bonus is I have one with the Eco switch and new horn.... Would have had no idea about this if it was not for everyone here!

·
Registered
512 Posts
You can't go wrong with either color, I am impartial though. I do love that dirt dosn't show up on the white.

And it looks great at dusk and in the dark (those wheels are photochoped)

·
Registered
330 Posts
dont forget you have to consider interior colour as well... im not sure about americans but for us canadians the reds only come with tan interiors and whites only come with black interiors... might wanna check into that before you decide

·
Registered
277 Posts
It always amazes me when someone asks others what color THEY should buy.
Why would I wan't someone else deciding on what color I buy - that's my decision.
If you have that much of a problem deciding, I suggest a coin flip.

·
1,914 Posts
I love the different color pearl in the white and I think it looks really nice. However, the red just looks so darn sporty. My vote is for the red.

Kton, on the SE you can get black interior.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I vote for Venetian Red

I was struggling between getting a White or Red SE also but the Red just stood out and with the hyper silver wheels its just a combo of luxury and sport in one.

One thing to think about is keeping it clean, are you one that can wash your car every week? white will require more time for cleaning. The red will show dust more but a quick wipe down with detailer spray every day or very other will keep it looking great between washes.

·
Registered
118 Posts
QUOTE (SExy__Sonata @ Oct 27 2010, 07:03 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=366652
I vote for Venetian Red

I was struggling between getting a White or Red SE also but the Red just stood out and with the hyper silver wheels its just a combo of luxury and sport in one.

One thing to think about is keeping it clean, are you one that can wash your car every week? white will require more time for cleaning. The red will show dust more but a quick wipe down with detailer spray every day or very other will keep it looking great between washes.

I went with the silver because it shows the body lines real well but the more and more I see the red I kinda regret not getting it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
QUOTE (jdugan4859 @ Oct 26 2010, 01:02 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=366316
You can't go wrong with either color, I am impartial though. I do love that dirt dosn't show up on the white.

And it looks great at dusk and in the dark (those wheels are photochoped)

Are those Limited mirrors or are they the aftermarket type from ebay? If they are Limited mirrors how much did they run you?

·
Registered
512 Posts
QUOTE (BuCwiLd @ Oct 27 2010, 03:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=366758
KAI has those, not Shark, and they DO NOT fit the American Sonata. The mirrors I have are from the top of the line KDM model, they have the LED as well as the power folding option.

I do not remember what I paid for them, but Shark can get you a price.

As for install, the wires for the LED's run to the car side of the harness, so you can either make your own connections, to hook everything up (you would need to add wires for power folding) or buy a wire harness from a Limited model (would still need to add wires for power folding) the harness runs around $500 for both sides, but its a straight plug and play one you swap out the connector on the mirror.

·
Registered
550 Posts
QUOTE (Alphacar @ Oct 25 2010, 09:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=366281
Well, should be getting my SE this week.... I'm still undecided on color. The dealer has a red SE, but should be able to find me a white SE. So what do you guys think???? Need some opinions to help me decide. Thanks in advance! :liebe011:
Color is so personal. If you really have no preference, go with white. It shows the fewest number of blemishes (scratches, dents, dings, etc.) and historically has the highest resale value of any color. White cars also show much less dirt than red cars, requiring fewer car washes. Of course white cars are slightly cooler in summer heat than dark colored cars, requiring slightly less A/C.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts