Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Here in Orlando area, Hyundai and Kia are a dime a dozen. Lots of dealers. Lots of dealer advertising on TV. If you do your homework, you can find a dealer who will sell you a car at a great price. My local Hyundai dealer (10 miles away) wants way over MSRP and I refuse to negotiate with him. Same with the Orlando dealer (25 miles away). At least two other dealers about 35 miles away. Then there are at least three dealers 65 miles away. After going on the internet and talking with the Internet Manager, (dealer 105 miles away) I bought my 2015 there.
Great deal right from the start. This past August, he had the 2018 I wanted. Gave me a GREAT price on the phone. Went there the next day and drove it home. $5707 UNDER MSRP on a 2.0T Limited. (Other above mentioned dealers want $2000 to $5000 ABOVE MSRP for the same car). As for service, I go to the Orlando dealer 25 miles away because;
1. I can look inside Service dept,
2. They have the BEST Hyundai/Genesis Technician around and I trust him.

When I was up in my Western NY area for a few weeks last September, I saw very few Sonatas and Kias. Very few dealers in the area.

Have not visited my Roswell NM location this year, but prices have to be a lot higher as only ONE Hyundai dealer and no competition. Don't remember any Kia dealers. Also all the dealers on Automobile Row are owned by one company.

·
Registered
343 Posts
My local Hyundai dealer (10 miles away) wants way over MSRP and I refuse to negotiate with him. Same with the Orlando dealer (25 miles away).
(Other above mentioned dealers want $2000 to $5000 ABOVE MSRP for the same car).
Ah yes, the dreaded "Market Adjustment" on the dealer's sub-sticker. Worst I saw recently was a +$10k "Adjustment" on a souped up Honda Civic. Laughable.

BTW, I found Hyundai, Toyota, and Honda dealer "packs" (paint protection, wheel locks, etc.) running from a LOW of $995 to almost $2,000 on EVERY SINGLE NEW VEHICLE!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Czechers,
I get my Sonata serviced at Orlando Hyundai. Have Technician "Mark L" do the work as he is the best.

If you want to buy, visit (or email) Melbourne (Coastal Hyundai) and talk with John Lyons. He will make you a deal you can't refuse. Matter of fact, he is the only sales rep I've ever seen who has his own personal assistant.

·
Registered
313 Posts
BTW Czechers, I live in Mt. Dora, but I refuse to buy from Jenkins in Leesburg. Price jacked up and when you drive in, the sales people are on you like a bunch of Jackals.

·
Registered
355 Posts
The new gen Accord and Camry just came out this year, so...

·
Registered
343 Posts
The new gen Accord and Camry just came out this year, so...
My guy hadn't yet received a single one of the new Accords in hybrid form (Feb 2018, I think he said). So, there he is demoing a 2017 and trying to tell us how blind spot monitoring and Apple CarPlay and everything else the car doesn't have aren't really necessary or desirable features, but of course how all the 2018s will have them—when and if they ever come in!

Car salesmen kill me.

By the way, I got a good look at Hyundai's official, top-secret internal sales manual focused solely on how to sell the Hyundai Sonata against the Toyota Camry. It goes point-by-point through the two cars for every model of Sonata, trim level, and option/package crowing where the Sonata is better and showing how to counter or deflect criticism where Toyota has the edge.

Car salesmen kill me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts