Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2019 Sonata Plug In Hybrid yesterday. I hooked up the charging cable to charge the battery overnight (it was low when it was delivered, dealer didn't charge it). This morning I found the charging light turned from green to blinking red. According to the manual, this means Charging Status Malfunction!!! I checked the dashboard, it did show the battery was fully charged. So, really, 67 miles on the car and malfunction on the most important part of this trim or just bad software??

Did anyone experience similar issue?

Thanks in advance for your insight!!

Fred

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sounds like a lazy dealer. I bet they did charge it but didn't bother to check that light... or ignored it. Give 'em lots of pain!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It turned out the red light is not the same as the charging status light. It is the infamous unknown red blinking light that is not documented in any manual. I took a video and sent to the sales manager who said that he would ask the service manager about it, so far no answer yet.

It is definitely not the security system armed status as it blinks regardless to the car is locked, unlocked, or driving. My recollection is that it wasn't on until the next morning that happened to be the time I had the battery fully charged overnight. The one thing that happened overnight was the dealer activated my Blue Link subscription. I suspect this red light is related to the Blue Link communication, just a wild guess.

Already one week, my wife drove it mostly 15 miles a day. So it was battery powered most of the time. I estimate it is doing around 90 MPGe range.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts