Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HMA has set up the following site for vehicle inquiries regarding the recent rear crossmember campaign.

You need your VIN:

www.hyundaiusa.com/campaign113

Customer notifications will be mailed on 10/08/2013.
Dealerships will not have materials or the exact repair procedures till at least 10/20/2013.

They've lasted this long........a few more weeks won't hurt, so don't badger the dealers.

Canadian friends, haven't heard anything.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thank you!
Checked my VIN and it came up as an affected vehicle. Made my appt. with South Shore Hyundai for later this month.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I tried my Canadian Sonata in worst salted city....not on list.....
Hyundai Canada is not responding..

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Did (2) of the recall yesterday.. if the frame looks new to just some sandy looking rust, dont get tooo excited about it..

What you can ahead of time as part of the recall on your own is to remove them (4) rubber plug off bottom of main rear subframe, and toss them in the trash can..

We looking for chunk rust and holes, and use a spring loaded center punch to test in 2 palces.. pass, squirt some wax in and down the road you go

We have (2) frame sitting ready to go that Hyundai shipped as start of start-up parts

·
Banned
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did (2) of the recall yesterday.. if the frame looks new to just some sandy looking rust, dont get tooo excited about it..
We looking for chunk rust and holes, and use a spring loaded center punch to test in 2 palces.. pass, squirt some wax in and down the road you go.
Thanks sbr711-

Nice HMA procedure write up ..... a good whack here, blow in the direction of the blue arrow, apply in the other direction and don't use that 10# maul on the center punch. :blink: I don't think you'll want to be near any candles by the time 113 is completed:dry:

How many complete ones do you think you'll do ??

jd

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Thanks sbr711-

Nice HMA procedure write up ..... a good whack here, blow in the direction of the blue arrow, apply in the other direction and don't use that 10# maul on the center punch. :blink: I don't think you'll want to be near any candles by the time 113 is completed:dry:

How many complete ones do you think you'll do ??

jd
I dont know that we (our area) going to see much for replacement.. likely be those that have lot of residual moisture and salt spray mix for extended periods.. silly part is, most of them out on the road have the adjustments froze up, and those that may get new assembly will have readily available adjustability for align when installed on rear.

We still buried in YF Sonata arms, stop light switch replace slowing down, older frame/arm recall rather quiet, get people that show up and find they have ancient recalls still not complete.. It'll never end.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts