Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some questions for you guys. I have an 07 with the 4 cylinder and I cant leave well enough alone so here goes:

1. My car doesn't have fog lights, can I add them without too much hassle? Where to buy?

2. Where can I get some decent rims for it? I dont want too flashy and definitely want OEM size. Any preferred vendors?

3. I want XM, can I purchase an OEM unit with GPS and/or XM and make it work with my vehicle? Where can I buy it if at all possible?

4. I would like the little lip sized spoiler on the trunk, who has the best price shipped?

5. Headlights- I want to upgrade them without looking like a rice racer wanna-be. Most light kits I have seen on the streets are not functional but more for show and seem a waste of time and money. Who makes a solid set that actually works and is white in color?

thanks guys! I look forward to decking my ride out. It will make going to work in the "commuter" car a bit more fun

·
Banned
335 Posts
Welcome! Up at the top under the H-F banner is the Search tab. It is right under the .com. Automatically set to only check this Sonata 4G board. All you do is put in an inquiry and press go. It is like the Google of Hyundai. All your questions have been asked before and there is so much waiting for you to see!

·
Banned
335 Posts
I can't keep up with you kids and the lingo!

"Basically someone whos a major idiot, or is delusional and dumb. Acts against logic and thinks hes self-righteous. AKA: Major dummy.
n. English term, primarily used in United Kingdom. The literal meaning is "bottom" or "rump"; aka backside, buttocks, sacrum, tail end. This lends itself to the slang meaning of "butt," or "clueless person of arrogant stupidity." It is not always directly translatable to American slang. For example, if you used the term "prat hat" in the U.K., you would likely be laughed out of town by the locals. I can't believe what an overbearing idiot he is. What a prat!."

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Prats answers:

1. Depends on how handy you are. I'd look on Ebay first.

2. How much do you want to spend? Sears sells 16" chrome or black rims for around $125.00 each.

3. Haven't the foggiest idea.

4. Ebay. You can probably find one for around $100 or less shipped and painted.

5. Now this one is a very good search topic.

Miami banned again? :w00t: :beer:

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
3. I think so but it's a bit of a kludge. You can find OEM head units on eBay that have the [XM] button from auto parts recyclers. You'll have to buy the OEM XM module as well but I doubt your vehicle has the wiring for it, and I don't think adding the wiring is practical. PAC used to make an interface for the [XM] equipped OEM radio but their site no longer shows it. The big unknown is the condition of a recycled HU and XM module. Warantee? :laughing:

You're much better off replacing the OEM HU with a double-DIN aftermarket unit and dash kit. Several manufacturers make XM- or Sirius-compatible add-ons for them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts