Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking about changing the top portion of the trunk lid on my N Line for a non N Line without the indentation for the spoiler because I would like options for installing my own real carbon fiber lip spoiler, not sure how much I like the N Line spoiler and how it integrates with the taillights. The Sonata Night Edition real CF spoiler is way overpriced, and not sure I totally dig how it looks either. I've seen a few small aftermarket lip spoilers, both with and without real CF.

I think this would be the part I would need. Does anyone have an idea if this part would swap out with the N Line part without any issues, wondering if the trunk release is the same on all trim levels.

I recall koNfuzion3 having to have his trunk on his N Line swapped out because it was assembled at the factory with a non N Line deck lid (spoilerless) for some strange reason, so I'm pretty sure they should be interchangeable. It's also surprisingly only around $80 shipped. I have a friend who owns a bodyshop so I could ask him about it, have him paint it and swap it out for me.

Font Parallel Music Rectangle Slope

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
You're gonna need the trunk lid also.
Oh shoot, you’re right about that. Which means I would need the whole trunk basically.

Thanks for the insight.

Looks like the better move is to skin the N Line lip spoiler. Last time I tried removing the OE lip spoiler is seemed more involved than I thought. Probably was double-sided adhesive holding it on tight because it didn’t seem to budge much after removing just the screws.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts