Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new 2001 Sonata this afternoon. Limited with navigation.

I know the 3rd generation 64GB iPod Touch is not on the compatibility list in the manual, but has anyone successfully used it with a navigation system on the Sonata Limited? It works for a song or two and then the display locks up or becomes incredibly slow. This is using the Hyundai iPod cable I got from the dealer.

I read a bunch of reviews and threads before I bought the car and thought it would work. Or maybe it is just flaky with the navigation?

Not a deal-breaker if this is a common issue. I have an older iPod in a drawer somewhere. There's just comfort in knowing I'm not alone. :grin:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I had thought I read the 3GS worked ok and I knew the 3rd gen Touch was essentially the iPhone w/o the phone. Weird. My old 5th gen iPod video seems to work fine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ditto on the software update on the iPod. One came out a little while after I got the car, and the iPod has worked flawlessly ever since. The most recent update even helped with the slow scrolling issue. Make sure yours is up to date.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.