Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new 2001 Sonata this afternoon. Limited with navigation.

I know the 3rd generation 64GB iPod Touch is not on the compatibility list in the manual, but has anyone successfully used it with a navigation system on the Sonata Limited? It works for a song or two and then the display locks up or becomes incredibly slow. This is using the Hyundai iPod cable I got from the dealer.

I read a bunch of reviews and threads before I bought the car and thought it would work. Or maybe it is just flaky with the navigation?

Not a deal-breaker if this is a common issue. I have an older iPod in a drawer somewhere. There's just comfort in knowing I'm not alone. :grin:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have an iPhone 3GS which is essentially the same as a 3rd generation iPod touch and it works just fine with my SE w/ Navigation Package. It's also not listed on the compatibility list and thought it was odd that it makes no mention of the iPhone or the iPod touch 3rd generation but mine does work.. has a dozen playlists with about 1,000 songs and takes toughly 3 seconds to connect then it works just fine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I had thought I read the 3GS worked ok and I knew the 3rd gen Touch was essentially the iPhone w/o the phone. Weird. My old 5th gen iPod video seems to work fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tim, I too have a 3rd generation iTouch and I'm experiencing the exact same problems. I have a funny feeling it is some how related to the Navigation system as there is a YouTube video showing it working just fine on a new Sonata w/o Navigation. I'm anticipating a follow up call from the dealer and I'll ask if this is a know issue or not.

·
Registered
107 Posts
A guy I work with had the issue on the GLS (no nav). Thought it was the car, tried it in my LTD (no nav) and it still wouldn't work. Did a hard reset on touch and it worked fine. Also make sure you have the latest firmware on your ipod.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ditto on the software update on the iPod. One came out a little while after I got the car, and the iPod has worked flawlessly ever since. The most recent update even helped with the slow scrolling issue. Make sure yours is up to date.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Yep, I'm coming to this thread a little late, but my iPod Touch (3G) has absolutely no problem.

It does have the current version of the iOS, too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2011 Hyundai Sonata Navigation Manual

I was able to get the Navigation Manual for my 2011 Sonata and wanted to share. This is my first post so if it is not attached just send me a message with your email address and I'll send it to you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts