Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2009 Hyundai Sonata Limited - 162,000 miles

Hello Everyone,

Two days ago, I raised my driver's side window in order to turn on the air conditioning. When the window reached the top, I hard a large "pow!". After that, I couldn't let the window down. But as I drove, the window started going down on its own due to gravity and the car's movement.

When I got to my destination, I got out of the car and was able to slide the window up and down with only my hands. When I press and lift the window actuator button, I can hear and feel something moving and making the glass squeak down inside the door, but the glass doesn't move.

I want to fix this, but of primary importance to me right now is that I can't lift the window glass all the way up to seal the insides against rainfall. I can lift it up (one hand inside/one hand outside the window with the door open) to within about 3 inches of sealing completely, but no further.

So, right now I have it lifted as high as it will go and a hard rubber doorstop (that you use to keep doors in the home open) jammed between the inside of the glass and the tweeter cover. This keeps the window in that position effectively, but there's still that 3 inch gap between the top of the window and the door frame.

Question 1: What could be stopping the window from being lifted all the way up?

Question 2: What could have happened inside the door to cause this?

Question 3: Is there a manual or video online that visually describes how to take the inside of the door off the car so I can see what's going on inside?

I have ZERO experience with taking apart any part of an automobile, so any helpful advice and guidance is greatly appreciated!

-Allen in Chicagoland

·
Registered
184 Posts
a1..broken part jammed..a guess
a2..the window drive strip with gear..probably nylon.. is broken
a3.. only screw in handle and plastic popers holding the panel...then there is plastic vapour barrier behind the panel..once remove you can see the drive. system..

There was a post by a member with same problem..I recall.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts