Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Forum,

I loaded my Sonata with ceramic floor tiles with the rear seat folded down. They weigh about 48kg per package and is pretty heavy. I am not sure how many I loaded (but I think about 20?). The rear suspension is compressed and the tires is getting close to the fender.

I drove with the tiles for a very long trip and there was a huge thud noise every time I went over a bump. I am wondering if I am damaging the suspension? I probably loaded more weight than what the car should handle.

It is cold outside and there is ice. I don't want to move the tiles until I get my new housing agreement next week. Can I leave the car loaded like this? Does anyone know what is a safe weight for the rear?

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
It's written where the tire pressures are...on the driver's pillar. You know before you look that you over-loaded your car and you'll have to deal with the consequences, if or when they arise.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone know what the safe weight of the 2011 Sonata is? I have 215/60r16 winter tires on. My stock tires are 215/55r17. My car is 500km is not with me at the moment.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
My 2011 GLS says "The combined weight of passengers and cargo shall not exceed 410 kg".

·
Registered
285 Posts
My 2011 GLS says "The combined weight of passengers and cargo shall not exceed 410 kg".
Why do they pull this crap on us? Make the limit something a lot higher so we can have a full car with luggage filling the trunk instead of making us be overweight when we're using the car for its purpose.

Not speaking of tiles but just travelling across the state with friends. 5 adults could be close to or exceed that alone.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Two adults, three kids...and no fatties! :mad:

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Why ask why?

Most around here use common sense. Posted a picture of common sense

Stoopith morans do this

1 - 8 of 8 Posts