Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.. Not a owner yet but I plan on buying a Limited. Does anyone know when the HD radio will be put in? Also, how much did you guys pay for a Sonata Limited with Nav? Anything I should know about before I go and look at this car in person?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Not sure about the HD radio but there is a long thread on what people paid for their cars. Just search a little.

·
Registered
204 Posts
My Limited has HD Radio...I like it a lot - altho I listen to XM a lot right now and it does not do HD on those channels. I do not have Nav and I may have read somewhere that Nav deletes the HD option?? Not sure...As far as price paid there is a topic about deals made..take a look - theres lots of numbers out there...Pat

·
Registered
817 Posts
Not that the 2011 Sonata eBrochure is always accurate, but these are the two audio systems it lists with the Limited:

AM/FMXM®/6-disc CD Changer/MP3 Audio System with 7 Dimension® speakers
and HD Radio™ Technology with Multicasting.

AM/FM/XM®/CD/MP3 Audio System with 8 Infinity® Speakers
(2 Front Speakers, 2 Tweeters and 2 Rear Speakers with coaxial mounted tweeters,
Subwoofer and External Amplifier – 400 watts)
It also then shows:

Navigation Package:
+ Navigation system with high-resolution touch-screen display
+ Rear backup camera
+ 400-watt Infinity® audio system
+ HD Radio™ Technology with Multicasting (late availability)
- Navigation package deletes in-dash 6-disc CD changer.
The Nav package includes the 400w system and "HD Radio...(late availability).

Perhaps "late availability" will be the 2011 1/2?

Maybe it will be released with the turbo and hybrid?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yeah if you buy a Limited w/o Nav you will get the HD radio.

Its kind of cool for the multi-casting. You can go to one station and they'll have a couple of sub-stations that you couldn't get with a standard radio. The sound quality improvement on AM stations is also impressive. When you tune it you'll hear the standard sound and then it fades into HD mode.

·
Registered
817 Posts
QUOTE (midnite c @ Jul 9 2010, 06:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=340348
I just purchased a limited w/nav and do not have hd radio. My niece purchased the limited wo/nav and she has hd radio.
It appears that matches the quotes above from the brochure, doesn't it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts