Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 hyundai sonata limited
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my sonata limited 2021 two weeks ago. First time I tried using the highway drive assist I was getting a service message. I took it to the dealership 3 times. The 3rd time they changed out the whole radio unit. This car is 2 weeks old. When I started to drive home on the highway, I get the same (highway drive assist) HDA service message. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Sonata Limited
49 Posts
Do you know what software version your head unit is running? (Setup -> General -> SW Info/Update)

Does this occur on all highways or just specific areas/highways?

There’s an ongoing thread about this issue-https://www.hyundai-forums.com/threads/highway-driving-assist-problems-check-hda-system.676281/

·
Registered
209 Posts
I bought my sonata limited 2021 two weeks ago. First time I tried using the highway drive assist I was getting a service message. I took it to the dealership 3 times. The 3rd time they changed out the whole radio unit. This car is 2 weeks old. When I started to drive home on the highway, I get the same (highway drive assist) HDA service message. Anyone else experiencing this problem?
Live in NY or CA by any chance? My concern is that your dealer is LOST when it comes to this issue. Any way, as the previous poster said, there is an entire thread in this forum that has discussed this issue.
Highway Driving Assist Problems (Check HDA System)

·
Registered
2021 hyundai sonata limited
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you know what software version your head unit is running? (Setup -> General -> SW Info/Update)

Does this occur on all highways or just specific areas/highways?

There’s an ongoing thread about this issue-https://www.hyundai-forums.com/threads/highway-driving-assist-problems-check-hda-system.676281/
Thanks a lot for this. I was looking for a thread, didn't know it existed.

·
Registered
2021 Sonata Limited
48 Posts
The only solution is for the dealer to replace your radio with one running the original version that all 2020-2021 sonatas came with. All the map updates after that break HDA in NYC. I tried downgrading my radio to the last update and my Bluelink wouldn’t work, so downgrading is impossible with no issues. I had no issues before updating.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the 2021 Hyundai Sonata limited and have been experiencing this issue as well. I just got the car about a month ago and have not updated the system yet. I have been driving in the Chicago area and have not figured out what sets off this alert.

·
Registered
2021 Sonata Limited
48 Posts
I have the 2021 Hyundai Sonata limited and have been experiencing this issue as well. I just got the car about a month ago and have not updated the system yet. I have been driving in the Chicago area and have not figured out what sets off this alert.
Can you post a picture of your version? Just want to confirm you’re still on your original version.

·
Registered
2021 Sonata Limited 1.6T and 2017 Sonata Sport
18 Posts
I’m probably jinxing myself but I’ve had no problems with mine … just completed a 1,375 mile r/t road trip and used HDA for 95% of the trip. I bought mine in late-Oct 2020 and am not sure what version I have so hopefully it won’t get farckled up when it’s updated.

Best of luck in resolving your issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts