Hyundai Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Banned
637 Posts
QUOTE (02accentgrl @ Jun 23 2010, 09:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335687
shop towels are not bad for the windows. Just as long as they are clean so that it doesn't leave any smudges just like any other dirty cloth would do. It doesn't matter what you use, whether its a microfiber cloth or a shop towel, it will get the job done right either way. :thumbsup:

QUOTE (02accentgrl @ Jun 23 2010, 09:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335689
Actually, rain-x will not cause glare. The cause of glare is from a dirty towel.. it's common sense, if you use a dirty cloth, more dirt will get on the windows causing smudge and glare.
I'm curious...do you actually believe the stuff you just said???

· Registered
2,059 Posts
QUOTE (02accentgrl @ Jun 23 2010, 08:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335689
Actually, rain-x will not cause glare. The cause of glare is from a dirty towel.. it's common sense, if you use a dirty cloth, more dirt will get on the windows causing smudge and glare.
Agree with this.

Windshield should be immaculately clean before using Rain-X. If it has a few bugs, they will dissolve and leave
a haze that could cause glare. Been using Rain-X for many years, here's how:

*Wash windshield very clean.
*Dry windshield with damp chammy or MF cloth.
*Apply Rain-X with dry kitchen paper towel folded small.
*Rub hard in small circles, keeping towel moderately wet with Rain-X
*Expose new fold of towel frequently to keep it clean.
*Rinse windshield with clean water, haze will disappear.
*Wash car as always, trying to keep soap off windshield.
*It's not as hard as it sounds, takes 15 minutes to do front and back glass.

I rarely use my wipers. Above 30mph, the windshield blows itself perfectly clear, better than wipers.

I recently sold a 14 year old Toyota pickup with a sparkling clear windshield, no wiper marks.

· Banned
637 Posts
QUOTE (bobad @ Jun 24 2010, 08:06 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335768
Agree with this.

Windshield should be immaculately clean before using Rain-X. If it has a few bugs, they will dissolve and leave
a haze that could cause glare. Been using Rain-X for many years, here's how:

*Wash windshield very clean.
*Dry windshield with damp chammy or MF cloth.
*Apply Rain-X with dry kitchen paper towel folded small.
*Rub hard in small circles, keeping towel moderately wet with Rain-X
*Expose new fold of towel frequently to keep it clean.
*Rinse windshield with clean water, haze will disappear.
*Wash car as always, trying to keep soap off windshield.
*It's not as hard as it sounds, takes 15 minutes to do front and back glass.

I rarely use my wipers. Above 30mph, the windshield blows itself perfectly clear, better than wipers.

I recently sold a 14 year old Toyota pickup with a sparkling clear windshield, no wiper marks.
it leaves something to be said about this approach......I find the only way I can rid my windshield of glare after applying rain-x is to thoroughly wash the windshield....but in my mind a "wax" on paint needs 24 hours to cure to provide the fullest and best protection

taking this thought to its logical conclusion, I always feel like I'm wiping the protection aspect of rain-x off if I immediately wash the windshield with stoners IG or the like.....I try to wait 24 hours but if I have to drive the car at night (the same night I apply) it becomes a dawnting task.

· Registered
9 Posts
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ Jun 23 2010, 08:39 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335500
how do you find driving at night? any glare? I find rain-x to leave the windshield very glary at night...
No, I never have a glare and anyone who says different doesn't know how to apply it properly. All it is, is making sure you use a "microfiber towel" and put a good deal of muscle into it when re-buffing the windows after you applied it. Driving at night is great, have yet to notice and smudges.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.