Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Banned
637 Posts
QUOTE (eyecue @ Jun 22 2010, 09:56 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335200
I've noticed when I drive my Sonata in the rain I can't see anything through the rear window at all! It's just covered with water coming down from the roof. It's been a while since I've had a sedan, is it like this with most cars? I'm wondering if a roof spoiler would take care of this problem (what an excuse to buy it!).
A good coating of wax makes this not a problem.....a spirited drive in my SE while raining yields the rain from the back glass getting wicked off. The faster I go, the faster it wicks off the back glass....

I don't necessarily like my hankooks in the rain but thats a different story

· Banned
637 Posts
QUOTE (RBD87 @ Jun 23 2010, 08:29 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335498
I apply Rain X once a week. It is so effective that the rain slides right off the back windshield and I liiterally have yet to use my windshield wipers. Make sure to apply it with a microfiber towel all on one side, then fold the towel and rebuff all the windows. This prevents any smudges.
how do you find driving at night? any glare? I find rain-x to leave the windshield very glary at night...

· Banned
637 Posts
QUOTE (eyecue @ Jun 23 2010, 10:08 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335514
Rain-X is a big **** no. It will mess up your windshield trust me!

I'm going to try and wax the window, sounds like a good idea. What kind of wax do you use on the windshield NT2SHBBY?
i would use any wax that claims to be safe on rubber. If it's safe on rubber, it's safe on anything. Klasse AIO would be a great start. Collinite 845 always works well for me.

EDIT: I seem to remember also using 3M hand glaze on my windows as well years ago....

· Banned
637 Posts
QUOTE (JohnMD @ Jun 23 2010, 10:30 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335526
I have been using Rain-X on all my cars for years and have never had a problem, you just need to make sure that you do the wipe down with a clean cloth or paper towel to prevent any smudges or glare, I use about 4 or 5 blue shop paper towels for wiping down the windshield.
blue shop towels on a car??? :unsure: :crying: baby jesus is crying somewhere in a corner right now reading this.....

· Banned
637 Posts
QUOTE (02accentgrl @ Jun 23 2010, 09:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335687
shop towels are not bad for the windows. Just as long as they are clean so that it doesn't leave any smudges just like any other dirty cloth would do. It doesn't matter what you use, whether its a microfiber cloth or a shop towel, it will get the job done right either way. :thumbsup:

QUOTE (02accentgrl @ Jun 23 2010, 09:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335689
Actually, rain-x will not cause glare. The cause of glare is from a dirty towel.. it's common sense, if you use a dirty cloth, more dirt will get on the windows causing smudge and glare.
I'm curious...do you actually believe the stuff you just said???

· Banned
637 Posts
QUOTE (bobad @ Jun 24 2010, 08:06 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335768
Agree with this.

Windshield should be immaculately clean before using Rain-X. If it has a few bugs, they will dissolve and leave
a haze that could cause glare. Been using Rain-X for many years, here's how:

*Wash windshield very clean.
*Dry windshield with damp chammy or MF cloth.
*Apply Rain-X with dry kitchen paper towel folded small.
*Rub hard in small circles, keeping towel moderately wet with Rain-X
*Expose new fold of towel frequently to keep it clean.
*Rinse windshield with clean water, haze will disappear.
*Wash car as always, trying to keep soap off windshield.
*It's not as hard as it sounds, takes 15 minutes to do front and back glass.

I rarely use my wipers. Above 30mph, the windshield blows itself perfectly clear, better than wipers.

I recently sold a 14 year old Toyota pickup with a sparkling clear windshield, no wiper marks.
it leaves something to be said about this approach......I find the only way I can rid my windshield of glare after applying rain-x is to thoroughly wash the windshield....but in my mind a "wax" on paint needs 24 hours to cure to provide the fullest and best protection

taking this thought to its logical conclusion, I always feel like I'm wiping the protection aspect of rain-x off if I immediately wash the windshield with stoners IG or the like.....I try to wait 24 hours but if I have to drive the car at night (the same night I apply) it becomes a dawnting task.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.