Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a problem with the audio going out on occasion in my Sonata Hybrid Limited 2012. I have figured out that the circumstances that create it are when I put the car into reverse before the computer warm up completes. By warming up I mean the LCD screen changes from the Hyundai symbol to the radio or map. If I make the screen jump straight from the Hyundai symbol to the back up camera, I can hear music but as soon as I put the car into drive I lose all audio for the entire trip in the car. I can only reset and regain audio by pulling over, turning off the car for 2-3 minutes and then restarting the car, essentially, a reboot of the computer. Dealership has never heard of this so I am having them do an analysis and call their tech support today. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have this same thing happen to my 2012 non nav on occasion. Up until now my fix was to pull out the radio fuse and press it back in. The fuse is in a raised housing, you can easily find and pull it out without looking, I do it while driving. Im going to try the "press bluelink twice" next time.

G

·
No issues on my limited but I dont have nav. If you wait and let the system initialize does it still occur, can you duplicate it easily? If so try demonstarting to dealer. Have had audio drop momentarily while it reads my media, happens rarely though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is a known issue in 2012 HSH. The easiest solution (not cure) is after you start forward press the far left button on the mirror on and off (I think it is the Bluelink button). This seems to restore the radio, etc.

·
Registered
121 Posts
This is a known issue in 2012 HSH. The easiest solution (not cure) is after you start forward press the far left button on the mirror on and off (I think it is the Bluelink button). This seems to restore the radio, etc.
Just FYI, I tested this in my 2013 HSH Limited and it does not happen. Guess they fixed it in the 2013.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Happens more than I prefer in my 2012 HSH. Like mentioned earlier, I press the bluelink button then immediately press it again (to cancel bluelink) and audio is restored.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts