Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did your salesman show you these?

Sliding Sun Visor

Trunk access like your door lock buttons keeping your FOB in your pocket/purse and just lift on the rubber pad

Reactions: clarkcant

·
Registered
25 Posts
Didn't know about the visor, but yes about the trunk door button.

Wish all cars came standard with that feature on some new vans though: lightly kick the bottom of the bumper and it opens (if you have the FOB in your pocket of course).

Only other 'hidden' or not well known features is the settings menu (which allows you to change settings such as whether pressing the door unlock unlocks just the driver door, or unlocks all door on first press) and also changing the temperature units from F to C.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Here are a couple that people may not know (based on my 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited):

- Steering wheel can be tilted up & down, but also in & out (telescoping)
- If you leave the visor light on, flipping the visor up automatically turns the light off. (visor hits the "off" side of the switch)
- long press the "mode" button on the steering wheel to turn off audio
- for the panoramic roof, the back of the switch vents the sunroof without opening it all the way. Push it up (toward the roof) to open, pull it down to close.
- Not really a trick, but I read somewhere that there are defrosters in the drivers & passengers mirrors. There is no way to activate them alone, but they operate when either the front or rear defroster is turned on (can't remember which)

There's another thread I saw that has similar tips/tricks. Definitely worth a read.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Here are a couple that people may not know (based on my 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited):

- for the panoramic roof, the back of the switch vents the sunroof without opening it all the way. Push it up (toward the roof) to open, pull it down to close.
That is great. Can't believe I didn't try harder, but was disaapointed that it "didn't" have that feature.....but now I know it does. :p

·
Registered
31 Posts
That is great. Can't believe I didn't try harder, but was disaapointed that it "didn't" have that feature.....but now I know it does. :p
Me too... I did it by accident. Didn't even know I had done it until I got out of the car and saw it popped up, then I had to figure out how to close it (and how to do it again).

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Better question is do you think your salesman KNEW about these Great features.
I would say that most salesmen don't as it's hard for them to keep up with all new tech and features on these new cars.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Two more that are not obvious.

There is a handle inside the trunk lid for pulling it closed. That way you don't have to touch the outside when it is dirty or get fingerprints on the trunk.

There is a key fob receptacle inside the front of the storage compartment between the seats. This allows you to start the car if the FOB battery is dead.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I also like the function that lets you place the car in neutral and hit the stop button, then place it in park without losing the radio. (I haven't tried it with the Bluetooth during a phone conversation yet, but I think it will work).
Comes in handy when waiting to pick up the kids from their activities without having to totally shut the car off and put it into "accessory" mode by hitting the start button once and waiting for it to boot up.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Give the valet parking attendant or service rep your FOB without giving them your keys to drive your car.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Is the pull out key a newer option? I was looking at a thread in the regular forum where someone was questioning how they could leave the car running and lock it from the outside. I didn't see the response, but I figured they didn't have the keyed lock on the earlier models.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Is the pull out key a newer option? I was looking at a thread in the regular forum where someone was questioning how they could leave the car running and lock it from the outside. I didn't see the response, but I figured they didn't have the keyed lock on the earlier models.
That FOB is from 2011 and another great feature is you can't lock the car if you forget and leave the car running. You won't get locked out as you can't lock the car with the FOB inside.

·
Registered
111 Posts
There is a handle inside the trunk lid for pulling it closed. That way you don't have to touch the outside when it is dirty or get fingerprints on the trunk.
I love this handle. I only wish that there was one on my Elantra too. I've reach for it so many times.....

·
Registered
21 Posts

Wow, thanks for the tip. I was just trying to figure out how to vent the sunroof today and knew there had to be a way but I never pushed up!

·
Registered
31 Posts
That FOB is from 2011 and another great feature is you can't lock the car if you forget and leave the car running. You won't get locked out as you can't lock the car with the FOB inside.
Trunk also beeps if you close your keys in the trunk. I have a habit of forgetting to take my keys out of my golf bag, so my car gives me a little reminder :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Not sure if this is only a Canadian feature, but I love the windshield wiper warmers! When you activate the rear-defrost, there is a strip at the bottom of the front windshield that also heats up to keep ice from forming on your blades.

Worked wonders today with the storms we got!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Not sure if this is only a Canadian feature, but I love the windshield wiper warmers! When you activate the rear-defrost, there is a strip at the bottom of the front windshield that also heats up to keep ice from forming on your blades.

Worked wonders today with the storms we got!
I'm in Texas, so hope I never get to try this feature :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Checked today, didn't quite see it. Is it a stripe like the many on the back window? I was looking for it but didn't see it. If its the one like those on the back, its quite easy to see so not quite sure that I have that.

1 - 20 of 137 Posts