Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
2015 Sonata sports, 25k miles, automatic.

Recently I started observing reverse gear is getting weaker. Car doesn't start going backward in idle.

While getting out of parking garage, which has about 30-35 degrees of uphill slope. I have to stop. After a second, car started going backwards while in drive mode.

Is it normal or is there something wrong with transmission ?

Thanks.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Hi.
2015 Sonata sports, 25k miles, automatic.

Recently I started observing reverse gear is getting weaker. Car doesn't start going backward in idle.

While getting out of parking garage, which has about 30-35 degrees of uphill slope. I have to stop. After a second, car started going backwards while in drive mode.

Is it normal or is there something wrong with transmission ?

Thanks.
30 degree angle is HUGH. I'd be more concerned if it didn't go backwards.
You're good.

Reactions: teezythakidd

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought the car comes with hill assist for automatic transmission.

It really feels weird when car rolls backwards in drive mode.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I notice that when I first start the car, I need to let it idle for a few secs, before putting into gear. Seem like the transmission needs to build up pressure.

Just my observation..FWIW

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,601 Posts
Looked in the manual for my 2017 Sport and it says HAC available if equipped (I dont think my car has it, Ive never felt it). Also states only holds for 2 sec. (on my MBZ C250 it had it and held a long time , was very evident)

Hill-Start Assist Control (HAC)(if equipped)A vehicle has the tendency to slidebackwards on a steep slope, beforedepressing the accelerator after astop. The HAC prevents the vehiclefrom sliding backwards by automati-cally operating the brake systems forabout 2 seconds. The brake systemsare automatically released, when theaccelerator pedal is depressedWARNINGThe HAC is activated only forabout 2 seconds, so alwaysdepress the accelerator pedal tobegin driving upwards after a stop.Information• The HAC does not operate when theshift lever is in P (Park) or N(Neutral)• The HAC activates even when theESC (Electronic Stability Control) isoff. However, it does not activate,when the ESC does not normally

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I am glad at least one person here knows how to read the owners manual. Makes me wonder where people buy their driver's license. Sad world.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts