Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what fuse size is in the 2013 Sonata, I have several mini fuses which are much larger than the fuses in the Sonata. I took a fuse from the Sonata to NAPA and they had no fuses that small, are they called micro fuses and where can I get them.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Does anyone know what fuse size is in the 2013 Sonata, I have several mini fuses which are much larger than the fuses in the Sonata. I took a fuse from the Sonata to NAPA and they had no fuses that small, are they called micro fuses and where can I get them.
I am surprised NAPA doesn't have our fuses. I see that O'Reilly does, List: Spade Fuses | O'Reilly Auto Parts

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
The mini fuses will work in the place of the micro fuse. They just stick up higher. Actually easier to get in and out IMHO.

·
22,793 Posts
The mini fuses will work in the place of the micro fuse. They just stick up higher. Actually easier to get in and out IMHO.
Saw some micros at AutoZone and Advance Auto. Little guys are EXPENSIVE! I spent about $22+tax on a variety pack that came with tester/puller. That was a waste of money. I couldn't get my hand AND the fuse tester inside that little bitty "micro" access hole and see if the tester was illuminating. Dummy, here. --> :mad:

Should have just grabbed the "tried and true" Fluke meter in the garage. Brain fart clouded up my judgment and stunk up the entire mod process. Should have used one of the spare 10a fuses that were in the holder.

Had I been more careful converting to LED's, I would not have had the above issue to deal with, at all. Another entry to a long list of dumb**** I've done over the years, all the while knowing better!!!

·
22,793 Posts
Ha, I have tons of the mini fuses. My fingers big as Twinkies have a hard time getting them out.
If it hadn't been for the fuse puller under the hood, I'm really not sure I would have gotten the one out that I blew. Although I'm old, I did remember to put it back. Hopefully to never need it again. Phooey, I probably won't even remember it's there if I ever do really need it.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I bought an assortment box of these fuses from Pep Boys when I got my car, it was reasonably priced, included a nice puller.

I have not needed one yet, even after converting my interior lights to LEDs (proving the rule: You only need them if you don't have them). :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts