Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found this on ebay, has anyone tried this out yet?

Ebay Auction

It looks like it pushes the OEM Stereo and A/C controls lower (removing little pocket) and allows for a double DIN. Kinda weird on keeping the factory stereo and making room for a aftermarket. I guess this could be used for people wanting to install thei own backup camera lcd lol Thought I would share.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After looking at the pic's closer, two different sonata's. You can tell by the different ac controls and gearshift. Also, the picture of the kit doesnt show how it covers the ac part.

Attachments

·
Registered
486 Posts
. ALSO RIGHT PIC,

1) clock is above a/c controls in the middle, not at the top.
2) chrome strip on dash pad.?
3) rt pic is missing air bag off lamp in trim
4) fan-a/c control knobs dif

Poss different country spec ?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I emailed the seller with my concerns and they updated the pic in their listing. The listing has a lot more detail now. Including wires and such. Im trying to find a navigation/non stereo addon to put up in the double din.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Finally!

Could you share the link for the US spec version? What did the seller say? Link to new ebay listing with updated details?

Thanks!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (eyecue @ Jul 13 2010, 05:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=341457
Finally!

Could you share the link for the US spec version? What did the seller say? Link to new ebay listing with updated details?

Thanks!
ITs the same link as in the first post, he revised it (pic's). I told him that looked like a Korean model and he said the clips and everything are the same as the US. Im holding out for a test monkey to try it first lol.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
QUOTE (wacktool @ Jul 13 2010, 07:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=341507
ITs the same link as in the first post, he revised it (pic's). I told him that looked like a Korean model and he said the clips and everything are the same as the US. Im holding out for a test monkey to try it first lol.

I love the 2011 Sonata, I also love the interior EXCEPT for that nasty human looking figure sitting down (AC - Control). I didnt purchase the car because of it. I ended up buying the 2010 Limited in White. Hopefully they change the component around and then maybe i will think twice.

·
Registered
854 Posts
QUOTE (No43 @ Jul 14 2010, 10:20 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=341602
I love the 2011 Sonata, I also love the interior EXCEPT for that nasty human looking figure sitting down (AC - Control). I didnt purchase the car because of it. I ended up buying the 2010 Limited in White. Hopefully they change the component around and then maybe i will think twice.
So you didn't buy a whole car because of a little plastic lighted up stick figure. Interesting way of picking cars.

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (No43 @ Jul 14 2010, 10:20 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=341602

QUOTE (eyecue @ Jul 14 2010, 10:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=341608
So you didn't buy a whole car because of a little plastic lighted up stick figure. Interesting way of picking cars.
this follows the lines of the guy yesterday who said that he thought the 2011 sonata was a POS because it didnt ride soft enough for him.

·
Registered
123 Posts
QUOTE (eyecue @ Jul 14 2010, 10:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=341608
it may sound crazy, but people are crazy. i thought the guy was neat. i just wish his "head" did something. i always want to push it to turn it on or something. maybe i can engineer something in the future.

but back to the post, if the person values the interior of their car, why knock them for it? people spend ALOT of time in a car. and if it'd be an eyesore, it is. that's the reason i got the 11 over the 10. they 10 version they were practically giving away (0% finance, 2500 cash back, and base of like 18k) but i just couldn't stand the interior.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Did you guys check out the website link on the bottom of the auction page? - Beat-Sonic USA

There's more kits listed on their site for 2011 Sonatas. Looks like they got one for models with 6 CD changer and one that replaces the oem stereo completely.

·
Registered
107 Posts
QUOTE (eyecue @ Jul 14 2010, 09:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=341608

I thought the stick figure is dumb too, especially since it doesn't do what you would think it should which is to direct air to the part of the body you click on (like it does in Volvos) but to not buy a car because of it is insane. I could see if it had a completely horrible looking dash like the latest gen. Honda Accord but this is one small button that isn't even in your line of sight when driving. I have actually grown to like it now. I think it looks cool, especially at night.

·
Registered
486 Posts
If you don't like it , ( the heat-A/C man) you could take some dry wall screws and screw a chunk scrap 2x4 over it so it would be out of sight.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Back to the OT, this retains the USE of the factory radio? Or just keeps it but is inoperable? I'm thinking if it retains the use, you could have a lot more economical options as far as display/headunits go.

·
Registered
24 Posts
QUOTE (akhosha2 @ Jul 15 2010, 09:28 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=341971
Back to the OT, this retains the USE of the factory radio? Or just keeps it but is inoperable? I'm thinking if it retains the use, you could have a lot more economical options as far as display/headunits go.
Looks like it retains the use of factory radio and adds space to put an additional double din in it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I must admit, the AC MAN is so stupid, I considered passing on the Sonata. It's that stupid looking, and as mentioned, I'll have to look at it all of the time. It's not just a little different or odd. It's plain cheap and ugly looking.

·
Registered
25 Posts
IF this kit made it possible to mount an ipad in the dash, albeit sideways, I'd buy it. I'd love to have a 3G ipad in the dash.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had installed a Pioneer Avic-D3 navigation unit in my 2002 Sonata GLS. Removed it when I sold the car. Was hoping to put it in my 2011 Sonata SE. I figured someone would bring out a navigation bracket. Well , I was able to obtain one from H.I.Motors. The Rep, Michael Shin said they don't sell to individuals but he let me purchase one. I made sure he was selling me one with all openings. Had seen some on the internet with no opening for clock/passenger seat indicator light. Paid $ 177.65 for the bracket with EMS shipping. EMS was $ 80.00 plus 7.65 fee. The instructions were in Korean , but there were color photos along with the instructions. Different mounting braces was included in package for lower radio mounting. I was able to use the oem braces for mounting the nav unit with a little modification. I only needed to connect GPS, backup camera (Boyo VTL 300) which I just purchased. Will use front speaker wires of Avic-D3 for nav voice. You must do some surgery on dash frame behind bracket and the sides of a/c controls per instructions. Someone doing this install must have time and patience I found out. New bracket vent facia is gloss black as you can see. Once car is put in drive there is easy access to air conditiong controls. Photos of finished install is below. Still tweaking install, will add blue led strip around nav unit.

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/4626/0716101508.jpg
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/8656/0716101512a.jpg
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/5893/0716101528.jpg
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/7772/0716101528a.jpg
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/5180/0716101529.jpg

1 - 20 of 48 Posts