Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Sonata - had an accident inside a parking lot of a small plaza. It was snowy conditions so i jammed the brakes, hot the other car and my 1st experience with air bags
the one from the steering poped our and one near the leg but it wasn't fully bagged up, it was almost like u removed a half cooked popcorn bad. I am like if this were major I would have not been saved. Are these bags controlled? or just didn't feel the impact was too high and didnt blow up fully

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yes they deploy at a rate based on speed and severity of the impact. If it was a harder hit or faster speed they would have deployed with more force and fully. Sorry you had an accident in your car. Glad you are ok tho.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I was hit twice in different cars....the first I was driving a 2001 Chevy Prism, I was forced into a guard rail and the car needed a whole front clip and the air bags never went off. I was told that it was because the crash was under 15 mph. The second was in a 2002 Honda Accord when a guy ran a light.....all the air bags deployed, the car was totaled and we were fine. As long as you are fine consider them working.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts