Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2015 Sonata SE 2.4L, with 45k miles. Bought it used at 38K, and have seen some performance degradation in my time of ownership. While beginning my troubleshooting, I noticed a problem with my air intake assembly.

I'm missing a bolt inside the air filtration assembly that pokes out and mates the intake hose up to the cleaner box, and it seems like I'll have to get behind the second filter to get in there..

Seems like there are two screws that hold it into the air cleaning box where it rests. That's as far as I can see.

Seems like I'll have to take off the cover/air feed that lines into the box, remove the slotted replaceable air filter, hopefully unscrew these two screws that are keeping the second air filter in place, and then find a way to get a bolt through there and nutted up to the intake hose that leaves the box and goes into the engines intake manifold.

I may have to remove the entire air cleaning assembly as a whole. There are two 10mm bolts holding it down to the frame at the foot of the box, and then you can remove the hose at the intake manifold connection.

I haven't tried this yet, as I need some extensions for the 10mm bolts that are at the feet of the box.

If you have dug around in there already and figured out a simpler way. Please share. If not, I'll be giving it a go either this afternoon or tomorrow afternoon depending on stores being open.

This is my first post here on the forums. I have searched heavily online, through the forums and YouTube for a guide on how to get in there to replace this bolt, but it seems like this hasn't been a problem before. All the info I've found is through a fella's cold air intake mod video lol.

I'll try to upload photos to reference what I'm talking about. Any tips or advice on this assembly would be greatly appreciated, and if no one has messed with it yet, I may end up making a video on the process for others who will probably run into the need for some or all info in the future!

Thanks in advance guys

Rod

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
You can pull the secondary air filter out by removing the front 2 screws then tilt the filter down and pull it towards you, out the opening.
There are 2 screws at the rear of the inner filter that do not need to be removed as the filter has notches that it rests in when it is mounted.
It is a little bit of a pain to get the inner filter back in place as the rear screws are tough to get lined back up with the slots in the inner filter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts