Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like an idiot posting this because I've done it before on other vehicles but for the life of me I can't find concrete info on what bulb to use to replace a Stop/Tail light that is out.

According to the manual the non-LED bulb type is 28/8 but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I checked Sylvania's website but their tool has gone downhill since the last time I used it. Amazon searches for a 28/8 doesn't yield any promising results.

I believe its the same bulb for 2015 - now but I figured I'd ask the experts here first.

BONUS QUESTION: Are there LED equivalents I can use that won't blow a fuse and will fit this socket?

Thanks for the help everyone!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
LOL, false alarm!

After posting this I figured I'd remove the bulb to check for any identifying marks on the socket to search. After removing the bulb (of course not using my bare fingers) I inspected the filament and saw no breaks in the coil. I cleaned the contacts with a cloth, put it back in and it works!

For reference to anyone else that was curious, the markings on the socket read: KHA 12V28/8W 2357 65 7

I'll still accept answers for the bonus questions though. Thanks all!

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,597 Posts
No bonus here.
The bulb you use seems to be a 2357
For champion it is BP2357LL
2357 is the part number for taillight bulb.

Yes, there are LED bulbs made to fit the socket and not blow the fuse
Phillips makes the bulbs in the store I work in.
Again part number to look for is 2357 white or red.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I picked up a set of these for my '14:
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/SYLVANIA-ZEVO-2357-Contains-Bulbs/dp/B01A77TL3M[/ame]

They look a nice red and are brgiht being SUPER BRIGHT like some LED replacement bulbs are advertised as. Also, since the LED is RED instead of white and being brighter, the tails don't turn to a light red/pink color.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts