Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I bought a Sonata 2006 a month ago and the alarm is activate automatically a lot of times during the day, even if I just lock the car manually. Any suggestions will be appreciate.

·
Registered
882 Posts
maybe the lock switch of the door or trunk is bad, or they can't close properly. Spray some wd40 lubrication on door/trunk latch

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Suspect number 1 be hood switch pad at hood.. original part been updated across the board with with a thicker pad to more firmly push on hood switch... a lot of times, the car been wrecked,, with hood replacement,,, body shop not install hood pad for switch too

We generally have 4-6 of them in stock,, cost all of $1.50, takes maybe 10 second at most to replace

·
Registered
301 Posts
I had this issue before. It was a defective keyfob. I had it sitting on the table and saw the light flicker and then my alarm turn on without me touching it. I replaced the battery and the same thing happened. I finally took the battery out and just kept using the other one. I hind sight, I should have taken it in to the dealer and had them replace it while it was still under the bumper to bumper warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts