Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sonata 2005 Automatic 2000cc g4jp engine - About a month ago i accidentally messed up my radiator while driving which caused the engine to heat up to the max, I can't recall how long it took me to notice it, but I belive not more than 5 minutes or less of driving (which I know can cause the cylinder head to deform), since then I didn't notice anything that can justify that the head cylinder got damaged (nothing in the radiator filling cap "dirt" or anything like that, doesn't eat oil and no smoke from the exhaust), but since then I noticed that the 2 pipes that go from the radiator (the upper and the lower one, especially the upper one) got big like there's more pressure than it should be in the cooling system, about 3 days ago the upper pipe got cracked and I replaced it, 2 days after the lower pipe got cracked aswell (like a hole or a small crack in it appeared and caused my coolant to leak) and I don't think it's normal for 2 solid rubber pipes to crack back to back, tomorrow I'm going to replace the cracked pipe and check the pressure in the cooling system, bt do you all think? Is it bad luck that both of them got cracked and became bigger? (By bigger I mean like they got more puffed it it makes sense, still thoese pipes were the original ones from 15 years ago), and if it's not bad luck, what can cause this beside a bad cylinder head that's causing big pressure in the cooling system? Thanks!
Btw forgot to mention I have to add Coolant about everyday, not insane amounts but I do have to add everyday.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts