Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have 2 sonata 2003 and I have a problem with the one of my wife.

the car :
sonata 2003
153000 km 95k miles
v6 automatic

the problem appeared 3 days ago, she went to the store, and when she came back to the car to come back home, the car did not restart. I was ready to call a towing the day after and when I arrived the car did start so I brought back the car home, then yesterday, she went to the coffee shop and again after she left the place the car did not start, she went back this morning and the car restarted !

No idea if it is related or not but one of the belt is noisy, and the previous owner told me he made the timing belt change at the 120k km....

Some threads I read point to solenoid problem but I have no idea, there is some stories asking if there is a click or no click when the key turns in but when it does not restart I don t hear anything except a tiny sound, noS idea if you can call like a click, but battery is OK, radio plays, lights turn on too....

any help would be nice,

thank you

S

·
Registered
23 Posts
From what you described , I would suspect the starter which also has the solenoid attached. It would absorb heat from the engine and it sounds like after everything cools down, she starts ok. Can you put a volt meter, positive to the starter solenoid wire and negative to the engine case safely. Then have someone hit the starter when she is hot and see if you get about 12volts at the solenoid. If you do and it does not turn over, it would confirm the circuit is good out to the starter. this is just what I would try. I am not a certified auto mechanic.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts