Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new Tuscon owner, after going the last 13 years with GM. I've had my 2010 Tuscon (Limited, AWD) for 2 months, I have roughly 3500 kms on it.

Twice now, I've noticed a sudden, and very noticible "jerk" in the vehicle, while driving. Both times doing around 75 kph. Its almost like for a split second, all four wheels lock, there is a very audible "clunk", and persons in the car are jerked forward. Both times its scared the bejeebers out of me. This is my first AWD veh, tho from what I've read in the manual, AWD is only for under 35 kph, and it automatically switches off after you accererate over that. It was one of the first things I checked to see if it had somehow come on. My first service isn't for another month yet...

Is this something I should be calling the dealership to have looked at, or am I totally missing something??

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Likely not the concern :

10-01-015 AUTOMATIC TRANSAXLE INSPECTION (CAMPAIGN TB0)

DESCRIPTION:
Some Tucson vehicles with automatic transaxle may experience slipping in Drive or Reverse. Test the transaxle according to the Service Procedure below and replace the transaxle if needed.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES:

Model: 2010 Tucson vehicles with automatic transaxles Production date range: Beginning of production to February 1, 2010

PARTS INFORMATION:

SERVICE PROCEDURE:
1. Shift into Drive and drive the vehicle through all gears 1-2-3-4-5-6, making sure the engine speed increases above 2000 rpm in each gear. After reaching 6th gear, apply the brake and decelerate to a stop. Shift into reverse and confirm reverse
operation

2. Repeat this test 10 times.

NOTE: Do not exceed local speed limits.

PART NUMBER TRANSAXLE DESCRIPTION

45000-3B660 2WD

45000-3B670 4WD AUTOMATIC TRANSAXLE

1 - 2 of 2 Posts