Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was driving downtown and an older gentleman pulled out in front of me in a Oldsmobile. As soon as I saw him making his left in front of me, I knew I'd be t-boned if I didn't gun it, so I hit the gas and the peppy little 4-cyl almost made it free, but he clipped the back bumper, taking it the whole way off the car.

Estimate is $2700. Thankfully he owned up to his and told his insurance company the same. Everyone be careful out there.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (gregd71 @ Sep 17 2010, 09:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=356982
ouch!!!! is it just the plastic damaged? hopefully the frame and body panels are all intact.
I think the frame is ok. The estimate just has a lot of "remove and install" lines on it, because they are going to have to pretty much dismantle the trunk to get it back together, then they have to blend it all. The trunk lid was a little damaged on the bottom of it, so they have to fix that too.

Not worried, I've got a great insurance company. Just sucks I won't have my car back til like early October

·
Registered
143 Posts
Make sure they use genuine Hyundai parts on that bumper and watch out for Oldsmobiles. I think the average driver age is around 70. :w00t:

·
Registered
55 Posts
QUOTE (jdubs @ Sep 18 2010, 07:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=357111
Make sure they use genuine Hyundai parts on that bumper and watch out for Oldsmobiles. I think the average driver age is around 70. :w00t:
I know your pain man... I hadn't even made the 3rd car payment on mine when some girl backed out of a parking spot at warp speed and pretty much ran down the whole passenger side of my car (my thread's on page 3). Good luck to you man.

·
Registered
854 Posts
QUOTE (tampajoe @ Sep 18 2010, 07:45 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=357033
I think the frame is ok. The estimate just has a lot of "remove and install" lines on it, because they are going to have to pretty much dismantle the trunk to get it back together, then they have to blend it all. The trunk lid was a little damaged on the bottom of it, so they have to fix that too.

Not worried, I've got a great insurance company. Just sucks I won't have my car back til like early October
How many total labor hours? That seems a bit much for that itty bitty hit. Industry standard is 4 hours per day not including weekends.

·
Registered
854 Posts
QUOTE (jdubs @ Sep 18 2010, 07:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=357111
He won't have anything to worry about since 1. It's a brand new car, new cars get new genuine parts (it's the law). 2. Aftermarket parts not available yet.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
My new Santa Fe only has 480 miles on it and I'm constantly paranoid about people cutting me off, turning in front of me or just generally driving crazy. So far so good....knocking on wood.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the responses guys.

- As far as labor hours - it's around 39, so 10/6 is actually right on the money considering it wasn't drivable they have to work it into the rotation (plus getting parts).

- Parts will be brand new - like someone said, it's brand new so that wasn't an issue

- Diminished value claim will be pending - I live in FL so they will use the GA formula to calculate it because they certainly owe me something

- Not enjoying a rental car compared to my car

- All in all not a bad claim though - nobody is hurt, except the new car of course, so it could have been much worse

1 - 11 of 11 Posts