Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going through my new-to-me 2005 2.7 V6 Sonata. I was not expecting perfection but it looks like somebody may have been a bit devious. Was not necessarily expecting that. Even thought there was not check engine light on I decided to read the codes. There were 4 codes including a P0650 MIL control circuit malfunction. No biggie I figure since I know the car had a lot of work recently. I cleared the codes. Started it and ran it for a while. Then I read the codes again. Only 1 this time. It was the P0650. That's when the light bulb in my head went off and I turned the key on and noticed there was no check engine light on ever! It was failing it's bulb test!. Well at least that explains the P0650. Must be a burned out bulb, right?? How about NO bulb!! Now I'm betting it didn't just fall out. I'm also betting they didn't forget to put it in at the factory either. Ya know, I would have more respect for someone who just was honest and either told ya the bulb was taken out or better yet sold the car with the light on. The missing bulb is just above the one for the airbags which works fine. It looks like the bulb for the CEL is the same as for the airbag light. The markings on the airbag light are OSRAM 12v 1.5 W. Can anyone verify that? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In case this helps someone else, I believe the part number for the bulb is 94369-3C000. Looking at the back of the instrument panel the only bulbs that can actually be removed are the airbag warning and CEL lights. It looks like Hyundai has changed the bulb from 1.5 to 1.6 W. Maybe they want to make sure you don't miss it!. You can probably get this bulb on-line dirt cheap but I got the part from my local Hyundai dealer. Nothing like spending $8.96 for a bulb that is probably only 1$. At least it came in an official Hyundai bag :)

Attachments

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,330 Posts
Dowasud is just another one of the off-topic lounge spammers. Posting meaningless comments on random threads in an attempt to make themselves look like legitimate forum users is part of what that lot do.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Even if this is old, can't help myself: I went trough the same with one of my new-to-me cars. Now I know that I hav eto be looking carefully at the dash when I put the key on "contact". All lights should turn on, some for just a few sec.

In my case I went to a junkyard, and for $5, I got a fistfull of those weird bulbs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts