1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Im interested in getting a Lantra Stationwagon 2.0 around 199-2001

I have a few questions

Are there any alernatives for the drivers seat or easy mods to get it lower? At 6' 3" my eyes are almost at the same level as the windsceeen. Ideally nees to be able to drop seat by at lease 3" (75MM)

Are the Lantra engines Hyundai designed and manufatured? If not whose engines do they use (e.g. Daewoo use Mitsibishi)?

What are the engine tolerances like? (Nissan are reputed to buid to high tolerances Mitsibishi low ones)

It seems that the central locking and Philips CD are weak points any other gotchas to look out for

Thanks
Mark vW

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hi Mark vW

We have a 2002 Elantra. If the seats are the same in the Lantra there are two tilt adjusting wheels on the side that can be used to lower the driver's seat quite a bit.

For head room, I found we have a lot more than the Nissan Maxima, Oldsmobile Alero or Ford Taurus. If recollection serves me well its also more than a Holden Commodore that I drove in Australia. My and son-in-law is 6'3" and finds the Elantra is roomier than his new Accord.

I'm not sure about rear seat room - Elantra wagons are very rare here but I suspect the wagon's rear seats may be a bit further forward to provide a larger cargo area.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts