Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post after reading the forum for a couple of days. I just picked up a 2011 Sonota SE (dark blue) on Saturday morning. I am coming from a 2009 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 and before that a 2006 BMW 330i. I decided to go for value and MPG this time around. I love the car and it style so far. I dont have any noticeable probems, am getting great MPG around 26.0 for my first 100 miles mostly side roads.

My three biggest issues with the vehicle are:

1. No leather or heated seats in the SE. I wish they offered more options on this vehicle because I couldnt handle the 17" rims in the Limited :)
2. Nav screen on the bottom right (minus button) seems harder to press than anything else on the screen
3. Some of the interior is great and other parts are too plasticy, but overall I bought the car because the pluses outweigh the negatives

I do have a minor issue with the area around the cupholders (between the front seats). The plastic material there seems so cheap and was already scratched when I picked up the vehicle. Does anyone know how to mask this? I wish Hyundai went with a textured look because im worried that this area is going to really look bad once the car actually gets used.

Overall, love the car and look forward to being on this forum!

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
QUOTE (drew0020 @ Sep 27 2010, 10:08 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=359101
This is my first post after reading the forum for a couple of days. I just picked up a 2011 Sonota SE (dark blue) on Saturday morning. I am coming from a 2009 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 and before that a 2006 BMW 330i. I decided to go for value and MPG this time around. I love the car and it style so far. I dont have any noticeable probems, am getting great MPG around 26.0 for my first 100 miles mostly side roads.

My three biggest issues with the vehicle are:

1. No leather or heated seats in the SE. I wish they offered more options on this vehicle because I couldnt handle the 17" rims in the Limited :)
2. Nav screen on the bottom right (minus button) seems harder to press than anything else on the screen
3. Some of the interior is great and other parts are too plasticy, but overall I bought the car because the pluses outweigh the negatives

I do have a minor issue with the area around the cupholders (between the front seats). The plastic material there seems so cheap and was already scratched when I picked up the vehicle. Does anyone know how to mask this? I wish Hyundai went with a textured look because im worried that this area is going to really look bad once the car actually gets used.

Overall, love the car and look forward to being on this forum!
Seats seem to be a sensitive topic on these boards with this car. Seems like either you hate them or are indifferent to them. I personally wish they went "lower". Once my kids seats turn around Ill be able to lean the seat-back further and it will be a non-issue.

I noticed "slow" response sometimes. I wiped the screen down since then and seems to have remedied the problem. Guess I have greasier fingers than I thought.

I have the same concern about the interior material selection bit I saw it in other cars so I guess I can just *shrug* at it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts