Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car got an airbag light so I have the Hyundai GDS software and a cheap chinese VCI clone. It has worked before but all of a sudden, I ran into an error message:

VCI is busy

If I keep trying to communicate with the GDS device, it says communications error.

I installed another version of the GDS software and eventually there was a giant notice that says don't upgrade to the newest version of Windows 10 (build 1803) that came out a month ago. The warning didn't say the exact windows 10 build, but this was the last one I installed and then caused the communication issue. I still have a laptop with the older version (1709) so I used that with the GDS software and it worked like a charm.

So for those who hare having trouble, try a different laptop if you have one or uninstall the 1803 update. I needed some more room on my computer so I deleted the files needed to revert back to 1709 a few weeks ago. It shouldn't affect those with windows 8 or lower though.

From the notice on the GDS software, it seems as if the VCI drivers weren't approved for the newest version of Windows and it causes communications issues with the VCI. I haven't found any additional information online about how long this would take to get it fixed.

There may only be a few people on this forum that has this software but thought I help at least one person figure it out.

·
Registered
8,184 Posts
That's great advise. My diag laptop still runs XP :smile:
My dedicated GDS laptop is on XP too. And I still get updates every time I power it up, which is rarely.

I wish there was a tutorial on the GDS application. It's so comprehensive, if you don't use it a lot it takes forever to find what you want.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I always think that the next GDS update will kill the program, but it seems to be fine. All I need is the diagnostics so I don't need the upgrades, but GDS won't let you use it until it upgrades. I'm guessing you have the older 2012 update?

I also tried installing the 2016 DVD update and since I can't log into hyundai as a dealer, automatic updates are disabled. Does anyone know any differences between the 2012 update and the 2016 DVD update?

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I have had nothing but problems every time 10 does an update. I have looked at trying to turn off updates but it's not that simple. Looks like I will spend some time today after seeing the problems you had.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts