Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have a 2018 Elantra. A month ago, I noticed that the driver's door is missing the keyhole cover. Here's a picture of how it looks like.

Here's a picture of the right door handle with the keyhole covered.

Does anyone know if this is a part that I can find online? I checked the dealership but they said they couldn't find it.
I know this is not a real problem and my door handle works fine. I'm also curious about how this part is attached.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The keyhole not being covered on the driver's side is normal. Even though your key is a remote electronic one, it also contains an emergency manual key to open the door should your battery in your remote or the car run down. There's a little switch on your keyfob that if you switch it over, you can pull out an actual key from the top. It won't start tje car, but will at least allow you to unlock and get in if the battery is run down.

·
Registered
2019 Elantra GT N-Line 2018 Elantra GT Sport
240 Posts
As above - that is as designed. Many cars come like this now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.
I understand that the key can be used when battery is down.
However, the keyhole was also covered when I first got the car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think you're just mistaken and didn't notice. I just googled pics of the driver's side of the car and they ALL show that the keyhole is there. The fact that the dealer couldn't find a part covering it up also backs this up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I stand corrected. Started digging up photos that I took when I first got the car. Keyhole is there ?‍♂

Thanks for helping me out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts